Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Best years for Discovery series 1

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 07:04 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Next April seems so far away

Shadow,

Wow, wish I could help. April seems so far away. At least you have gained a lot of knowledge concerning what can be wrong with a DI.

Hopefully your next venture in Roverdom will be much more satisfying than your recent one was.

If no one else jumps on them, I would be interested in a few of the items like the steering damper and possibly some other items. Does your tach still work? I may want the instrument cluster if it is good.

I am currently doing my own rear driveshaft upgrade by putting in a used driveshaft from a 98 I picked up locally, 4 bolt flange and spacer from Paul Grant and a upgraded seal and new nylock from Tom Rowe. By building it in this fashion I was able to do it for a lot less than the new ones retail for, otherwise I would be interested in yours.

Maybe someone else will decide to buy it from you. Lots of people also may need some of the switches from yours.

Remember the body panels are Aluminum and that is at an all time high right now as is copper. I have started collecting both of them recently. That is how I paid for my driveshaft and recent alternator purchases.

My local recycler has tranny and transfer cases available used for a very good price compared to what I have seen elsewhere.