Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Black Roof on White Rover

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2014, 07:50 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TOM R
While it looks cool it will probly make your rover hot in summer , my dark blue was real hot hoping the yellow helps ward off some sun, I was actually split between entire yellow rover and just painting my roof white
Good point thats why I posted this to get good feedback from you guys I just love the look of the grey one I pictured Maybe I'll do the bottom only, not sure

Old 05-31-2014, 07:51 AM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by socal1200r
I have a '93 Explorer Sport, and the hood and roof were oxidized more than I liked. Figured it was cheaper to just have them Rhino-lined versus paint, and being the major horizontal surfaces, thought it would be more functional as well. Cost me about $400 to get the hood and roof done here in VA.

On a Disco-related note, I used the roll-on Rustoleum bed liner stuff to do the lower body panels and hood section on my '99 D1 SD. I was thinking of doing the roof as well, but figured that was enough, and a black roof will heat up the inside a LOT more than a white roof would. 'Course could always go with white Rhino-liner on the roof, lol...
Like the bottom treatment

Old 05-31-2014, 07:53 AM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by fishEH
Don't do it. White is a great color and black will make your truck hotter. Not to mention Rhino Liner looks like garbage in about 6 months and it's impossible to wash well.
"Not to mention Rhino Liner looks like garbage in about 6 months and it's impossible to wash well."

Awesome feedback, that's why I posted first before doing anything.

Old 05-31-2014, 07:57 AM
Super Moderator
Received 226 Likes on 196 Posts

Forgot to mention, guy I worked with had a black fj, tinted out lifted etc. He had the factory whit roof and other stuff lines, looked awsome , but made it difficult to cool off with a/c

I was Leary bout the hood blackout making engine ron hotter but don't think it affects it due to the hood insulation

Old 05-31-2014, 08:07 AM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by TOM R
Forgot to mention, guy I worked with had a black fj, tinted out lifted etc. He had the factory whit roof and other stuff lines, looked awsome , but made it difficult to cool off with a/c

I was Leary bout the hood blackout making engine ron hotter but don't think it affects it due to the hood insulation
Tom, I'm sold! No black roof. I'll post new pic later if it ever stop raining just got her back yesterday with the new 305's and spacers looks like a tank now! My wifes comment, "looks taller" ugh, yeah!

Old 05-31-2014, 11:00 AM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HammerFit
Microsoft paint very basic
Something like this? After doing this, I decided I didn't like how the black roof looked, and went with the blackout section on the hood instead...

Attached Thumbnails Black Roof on White Rover-d1-sd_20140505a2.jpg  
Old 06-01-2014, 08:58 AM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by socal1200r
Something like this? After doing this, I decided I didn't like how the black roof looked, and went with the blackout section on the hood instead...
Yeah it really doesn't look that good after all. The one on the grey looked awesome Maybe it has to be a color similar to the black Not sure about the hood It seems the purpose is for glare off roof rack lights The white is a good color I may just leave it alone and focus on other things (such as keeping it running!)

Old 06-01-2014, 12:05 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I have a dark blue roof on a silver truck and it looks dumb. Don't do it. Bed liner looks dumb on any body panel. Tar and feathers would look better.

Old 06-01-2014, 12:45 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 399 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by EricTyrrell
I have a dark blue roof on a silver truck and it looks dumb. Don't do it. Bed liner looks dumb on any body panel. Tar and feathers would look better.
LOL! I wondered what you do about the roof......

Old 06-01-2014, 01:10 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by ihscouts
LOL! I wondered what you do about the roof......
Going to paint it silver to match aluminum

Quick Reply: Black Roof on White Rover