Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Disco 1 VS. Disco 2

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 12:30 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Disco 1 VS. Disco 2

I had my Disco 1 at the mechanic for a quick checkup and he also had a Disco 2 which he was doing a head gasket job on along with a few other things. He said the Disco 2 is worse than mine (disco1). Hard to work on, bad engine, ect. Is this true??

Old 04-05-2011, 12:40 PM
Mudding

I think that each year is different and so the answer would depend on the year of the vehicle and what was being done exactly.

I know that my Disco I is a lot harder to work on then my old 69' FJ40 was to work on. But that is just my opinion.

Old 04-05-2011, 12:45 PM
TReK
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Mechanics that say crap like that are not real mechanics in my book. When I hear a mechanic say crap like that, I figure they learned their "skills" in the shade of a tree. I consider myself to be a professional "mechanic". That's why I went and got a degree in automotive technology. That's why I fix vehicles for a living. I would never compare apples to oranges, let alone state something like that to any customer.

In answer to your original question...No. I don't consider any one to be better or worse than the other. They are different and similar in many ways but none of that in my opinion makes one better(or worse) than the other.

Old 04-05-2011, 12:47 PM
TReK

Every vehicle has something that makes it difficult in one area. Some vehicles just have more than others. That doesn't meant the vehicle is junk.

Old 04-05-2011, 01:09 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh yeah? Well there is a donut on your Avatar!

Old 04-05-2011, 01:37 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by Chris-bob
Every vehicle has something that makes it difficult in one area. Some vehicles just have more than others. That doesn't meant the vehicle is junk.
To go along with what Chris says, I also think it depends on the person working on the vehicle is capable of doing. Each and every person is different and has different tastes in what they like to work on and not work on.

One person's view of a vehicle may or may not be accurate and just be their personal opinion. The only person who can tell who likes a vehicle or not is yourself. Google is the great equalizer and if you search you can find articles for the D1 and articles for the D2, ultimately it is your decision to which you think is best.

Old 04-05-2011, 01:43 PM
TReK

Originally Posted by groundandpound
Oh yeah? Well there is a donut on your Avatar!
I'll get you for that...you and your donut, too!