Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

DISCO I Dash 'curling'

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 07:12 AM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DISCO I Dash 'curling'

95 DiSCO 158,000 ish..

Need some direction on repairing the dash from the 'sun caused curling'. Has anyone tried a fix that is still holding on ?? I have touched base with the dismantlers and for the cost and shipping issues with airbag etc. I'm going to repair myself. Initially I'm thinking gorilla glue and bar clamps etc....

Any thoughts???

Old 12-05-2011, 10:45 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There is a kit that cost around $27. I think BP or AB has them for that much. The kit contains a matching color retainer that screws down the curl.....

Old 12-05-2011, 12:24 PM
Rock Crawling

can you take a pic of it?

Old 12-05-2011, 01:09 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Discolife
can you take a pic of it?
Nope. It's in TN and I'm in Alabama this week. It's curling has affected the 'housing' holding the speedometer, etc.

Old 12-05-2011, 07:22 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by wheelgarage
There is a kit that cost around $27. I think BP or AB has them for that much. The kit contains a matching color retainer that screws down the curl.....
only available in black now...
Land Rover Discovery Genuine OEM Factory Dash Repair Kit
i tried to find the right color but its discontinued. mine isnt bad so i never went through with the repair.

Old 12-05-2011, 07:52 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

http://www.drivingcomfort.com/dash-mat.cfm?sc=58448&adpos={adpos}&creative=1074027246 4&gclid=CMy0q-mq7KwCFdAEQAodYHFAJg

Old 12-05-2011, 09:44 PM
Winching
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WARNING!!!! DO NOT BUY FROM BP UTAH! THAT GUY IS FAKE! REASONS: I bought a brand new radiator (so I thought) from him back in late August 2011. In late october I noticed I was leaking anti freeze on the floor. I did a pressure test and surely enough, my radiator was CRACKED on the bottom right side by the pipe that extends to the hose that goes to the water pump. I called BP utah and he said tough $hit he doesn't have to warranty parts if he doesn't want too. I eventually was able to get him to send me a new one (also thought it was new) (he made my pay for the " 2nd new one" before he would send me it. I also had to pay shipping which is $50 each way. He said he would credit it back when he got the cracked one back. Seems somewhat fair but I should NOT have to pay shipping. That is his problem. Well I complained and was able to split the $50.00 with him. I waited for it to come and finally it showed up......WAIT FOR IT... it was..........cracked...... It was also peeling, the bottom was rusty, scratched and had chunks of crud in it. I called him up and he told me I was a liar! That the radiator was NOT cracked because he "hand painted it" and it "wasn't cracked when he fixed it" I said WTF??? YOU FIXED IT??? YOU SAY YOUR SELLING NEW ONES ON YOUR WEBSITE! He said "uhh well welcome to America, its not all what it says. " He called ups and said that ups damaged it. UPS said they didn't but would return it to Utah free of charge. I called visa and disputed the charges. They said okay well this is funny because this isn't the first time we have heard of this "bp utah" scamming people! I got my money back because visa did a FORCED reverse on the account. The next day I get a call from THE SAME GUY at BP utah and he tells me how I ruined his credit for the company and how he will have to pay $800.00 to visa otherwise they will stop allowing him to accept visa! THAT'S A RED FLAG. I ruined his credit??? I have never received that from Atlantic British when something broke, it was simply an "okay, what happened?? me"....." Atlantic British "no problem buddy, a new one is on its way!" I have contacted the BBB in Salt Lake. ALSO ODD: He is running this "business" out of an apartment in Cotton Wood Heights, which is a real pristine area. Do you find it odd that he is running this out of an apartment? SHOUT OUT TO DISCO MIKE FOR HELPING ME WITH THIS, THANK YOU!
Here are the pictures to prove this!
IMAG0305 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
IMAG0306 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
IMAG0312 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
IMAG0313 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
IMAG0314 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
IMAG0317 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
IMAG0326 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
IMAG0327 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!