Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Discovery 1 Theft Attempt/Alarm Bypass

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2023, 06:12 PM
Mudding
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Discovery 1 Theft Attempt/Alarm Bypass

A while back my mom came out to her '95 D1 with the alarm going off in her driveway. It was boxed in by other cars so they couldn't possibly steal it but she noticed the radio (worth approximately $15) hanging from the DIN slot. The thief went for that instead of the Power Tank. I'm guessing the alarm went off and he ran, but the car was then immobilized with the alarm going off. It got towed to my house and drove fine for a few hours, but I drove it up an obstacle and the alarm began to go off intermittently about 10 minutes later (while parked). It's odd the issue went away after the tow, makes me think loose connection. The radio is aftermarket and I don't think the wiring is damaged. The car has central locking bypassed since the solenoids (I think) failed. When this first happened at her hous I figured the car was left in lock state a long time ago when the wires were cut, so I followed the procedure to disable the alarm by grounding some pin in the driver's footwell. The alarm would go off momentarily then continue. I tried to crank the truck in the fraction of a second the alarm stopped but nothing. Having dealt with this, right when I heard the alarm go off at my house I pulled the battery when it stopped (I checked I could start it). I should note, at my house it was coming on and off frequently while when it originally went off it would not stop. Now, I'm left with what to do. I think I just want to bypass it so we don't get immobilized somewhere in the woods by cutting some wires to the module found in another thread. Is there anything else I should try first?

Thanks,
Jacob