Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Engine troubles

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 10:29 AM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine troubles

man im at a total loss here... i had rough idling issues and high rpms the disco wouldn't really stay running and i had alot of white stinky smoke that would come out of the exhaust.. i also found my ecu was filled with water.. i did a complete engine rebuild using a different block and heads and new internals and got a new ecu and got it flashed and the only thing that is different is the engine doesn't rev high anymore but theres still white smoke coming out what can i do is there something wrong with some sensors or are the injectors spraying way too much fuel... and also after a rebuild and ecu flash should i drive around for a bit so the ecu can adjust itself and get some dtc codes... anyhelp would be appreciated...

Old 09-07-2012, 11:58 AM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HanmerMang
man im at a total loss here... i had rough idling issues and high rpms the disco wouldn't really stay running and i had alot of white stinky smoke that would come out of the exhaust.. i also found my ecu was filled with water.. i did a complete engine rebuild using a different block and heads and new internals and got a new ecu and got it flashed and the only thing that is different is the engine doesn't rev high anymore but theres still white smoke coming out what can i do is there something wrong with some sensors or are the injectors spraying way too much fuel... and also after a rebuild and ecu flash should i drive around for a bit so the ecu can adjust itself and get some dtc codes... anyhelp would be appreciated...

sorry ppl i think i got it i just got some ***** and went and reved my disco at about 2200 rpm for about 10mins and at about 6 minutes the thik cloud was reduced to nothing .... im taking it for a drive cycle now...

Old 09-07-2012, 08:38 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

If the truck has sat for a long time water will be in the cylinders and the exhaust, it will need to be "burned" out, they only way to do this is to drive her until nice and hot.
Also water in the gas will cause this too.

Old 09-08-2012, 12:46 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Is there not a prescribed "Break In" method following rebuilds, like do and do not do info to follow?