Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alarm troubles

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 06:48 AM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alarm troubles

I have alarm woes. Last Thursday, locked driver door and alarm set. Inadvertently opened the passenger door and the alarm went off. Put the key in the ignition and it shut down. Since then, the doors don't lock when I lock the driver door. Yesterday when I tried to start the D1, the alarm went off and will not engage the starter. Unhooked the positive cable most of the day yesterday and didn't clear the codes or problem As a note, there was a click (pass side kick panel) and slight delay for the key to engage the starter the week between events. How do I reset the alarm and door lock system? The keyless remote doesn't work and I still have to get the vehicle to the dealership in downtown Germany to get it programmed. I checked the operators manual and it doesn't have anything regarding this issue. Has this happened to anyone before?

Joe
96 D1
Stuttgart, Germany

Old 09-10-2005, 11:17 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Alarm troubles

well for the problem. it sounds funky. the clicking sound might be a normal one. they relay panel is there. check the owners book for a connecting relay that controls all the functions. I also recommend you get the service manual for your vehicle. sorry i know this is not alot of help, but it might get you started. gotta love a rover. duboff