Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Epic ECU Failure?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 08:06 PM
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jason,
I haven't yet. I pulled the ecu and found the box heavily corroded. Im going to seal it up and give it a go. The problem ended on 2 seperate situations and the truck ran. I am hoping the challenge will end with the summer humidity and re-sealing the ecu 'box'.
I have looked for replacement ECU but all had similar corrosion. I will update just been busy. If you need, I do have access to two Disco 1 at the u-pull. They want 100 for the ECU. Ebay is similar.

Old 10-10-2012, 07:13 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have an ECU with a good box and covers. I don't need it since I am running an AEL ECU instead of the NON AEL. You can scrub your board with rubbing alcohol and try it, if it works you just need a new case to transplant the board into. If you must replace the ECU get the AS10 unit (and key fobs if possible) together and swap them BOTH in before attempting to fire up the truck. Probably best to try to match the numbers too. I got an AEL set cheap enough to try and got lucky in my NON AEL '97, no codes at all unless I disconnect a sensor or something to make it throw one.

If you have access to a junk yard with a Jag that used the GEMS 6 ECU the cases may be the same and you could swap your board into that.