Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Front Headliner Pockets

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 05:11 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Headliner Pockets

Has anyone experimented with replacing the headliner without putting the front plastic pockets back in? I'd probably use fiberglass to cover up the larger holes that the interior lights come out of.

I'm considering just buying plastics snap fits to hold up the front of the headliner although I'd keep the mirrors and the fasteners for them. This would just keep the interior looking a little more clean.

Thanks for any consideration.

Old 05-21-2012, 08:54 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

I use those pockets, cd's and maps.

Old 05-22-2012, 06:41 AM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Townie
Has anyone experimented with replacing the headliner without putting the front plastic pockets back in? I'd probably use fiberglass to cover up the larger holes that the interior lights come out of.

I'm considering just buying plastics snap fits to hold up the front of the headliner although I'd keep the mirrors and the fasteners for them. This would just keep the interior looking a little more clean.

Thanks for any consideration.
I don't use the pockets since I have a SD internal rollcage. I could fit them if I wanted but I really wouldn't use them.

Old 05-22-2012, 03:08 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

im thinking of modifications to the headliner. i havent thought about it much yet.

Old 05-22-2012, 07:09 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

What headliner?

I gave the string woven pockets to a new guy who had a nice interior with bad pockets.

Old 05-22-2012, 07:13 PM

Realize we joke around a lot, I remounted the mirrors and lights and stuff without the headliner.

Old 05-23-2012, 07:29 AM
Pro Wrench

ive had mine out for a year at least. i'm putting it back when it's time. but i am going to try and minimize on plastic.

Old 05-23-2012, 08:30 PM
Drifting

I'm looking to remove the large piece up front that has the light and garage door openers. It's too chunky looking.

Old 05-24-2012, 07:12 AM
Pro Wrench

id love to mod mine so i dont have to use the stock air duct that covers the alpine in the back. just a couple air jets that point down on the back seat passengers would be great. maybe a custom looking led light bar or square could be nice too.

Old 05-24-2012, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by slanginsanjuan
id love to mod mine so i dont have to use the stock air duct that covers the alpine in the back. just a couple air jets that point down on the back seat passengers would be great. maybe a custom looking led light bar or square could be nice too.

When I saw the pics of yours with the rear plastic out, I had to zoom in to see what that was, then I remembered you have the rear air option. I am removing a bunch of stuff like the unused wire bundle for the rear air since mine does not have it. I think we must have different trim back there around the alpines as well.

Make some artistic moulding and run a big air hose. I remember the old Caddillacs had big clear hard plastic tubes coming out of the rear deck for the back seat passengers. Like it was piped in from the trunk.

Quick Reply: Front Headliner Pockets