Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Front & Rear Bumper Option

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2015, 11:37 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fishEH
Sounds like you caught them at a transition/bad time. Bill did have some health issues, I know. How far did you take it with RTE? Did you ask them to send you a new bumper? I'm guessing you paid with a credit card, did you dispute the charges

I called a couple times but got the run around about all the bodies are slightly different, etc. I got sick of the bull and figured I would modify it. By the time I realized it was so off, I had already trimmed the quarters. Since they were not willing to help correct it, the only option I had left was to modify it myself. This occurred last spring.

Old 03-01-2015, 11:41 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by wkburns
I called a couple times but got the run around about all the bodies are slightly different, etc. I got sick of the bull and figured I would modify it. By the time I realized it was so off, I had already trimmed the quarters. Since they were not willing to help correct it, the only option I had left was to modify it myself. This occurred last spring.
Why didnt you just dispute it with the credit card company? Or just pay via paypal in the future. The customer protection rocks. They literally review each case you send in by a real person and you submit your proof typically pictures of the product not working/fitting and or emails between you and the seller.

Old 03-02-2015, 07:32 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by calebbo
Why didnt you just dispute it with the credit card company? Or just pay via paypal in the future. The customer protection rocks. They literally review each case you send in by a real person and you submit your proof typically pictures of the product not working/fitting and or emails between you and the seller.
Mainly because I was stuck with a truck I had cut the quarters and factory bumper mounts on as instructed by the RTE directions. Since the RTE bumper is about all that would work in this situation after the trimming I had to do, I didn't feel like trying to dispute anything any further would do me any good. I already had waited 8 months for this one. Even if I got my money back I needed a bumper in the style of what I had bought. I figured in the end I was better off fabricating what I had than trying to find something else. I sure as heck wasn't going to wait for another bumper from RTE.

Old 03-02-2015, 03:13 PM
Pro Wrench

Their rear bumper isn't a direct bolt on then is what you're saying.. I'm leaning more towards a TF rear now then.

Old 03-02-2015, 10:15 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 226 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by calebbo
Their rear bumper isn't a direct bolt on then is what you're saying.. I'm leaning more towards a TF rear now then.
It's supposed to be a bolt on deal. While it's true that no two Rovers are exactly the same it seems he had more than that going on. The RockStar rear was actually the only one I know of that required cutting the stock mounts off completely.

Old 03-02-2015, 10:59 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by fishEH
It's supposed to be a bolt on deal. While it's true that no two Rovers are exactly the same it seems he had more than that going on. The RockStar rear was actually the only one I know of that required cutting the stock mounts off completely.
The RTE DI requires them to be cut. The DII I have from them is a direct bolt on minus cutting the quarters.

Old 03-02-2015, 11:10 PM
Pro Wrench

I'm going TF HD rear then.

Old 03-03-2015, 05:56 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 226 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by wkburns
The RTE DI requires them to be cut. The DII I have from them is a direct bolt on minus cutting the quarters.
Cutting the rear quarters or the actual bumper mounts(horns).
CUPGT had an RTE and I'm 99% sure it was bolt on to the stock mounts. Only the rear quarters needed trimming for clearance.

Old 03-03-2015, 07:05 AM
Super Moderator
Received 226 Likes on 196 Posts

His was bolt on to the stock mounts cause they stripped and he replaced them, maybe they changed the design?

Old 03-03-2015, 05:04 PM
Pro Wrench

I just Spoke to tactical rovers (not RTE) and theirs is direct bolt on with slight trimming of quarter panels (just cutting under the plastic trim).

Quick Reply: Front & Rear Bumper Option