Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Fuel hose

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 04:58 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Fuel hose

Yet another goofy issue. as if I'd have anything different.

Forgot bout this one, but theres a hose looks to be 3/4-1in in diameter running from the filler neck to the fuel tank. It seems like it should be the vapor return line.

Any ideas where to source replacement hose for this section, or what the diameter really is?

I don't mind paying for premium gas, but paying for it to run straight to the ground I don't care for lol.

Old 09-03-2013, 10:41 PM
Rock Crawling

*bump*

Sorry can anyone confirm the 3/4in think I found a place to get it just wanna make sure before I spend the 5$/ft

Old 09-03-2013, 11:06 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man I think it's ¾" but that's just from memory. I had to repair mine a couple of years ago for the same reason. If I filled it up to the top it would leak out. So I only filled up to the top if I knew I was going to drive 10 miles or so as it will soon burn off the excess gas LOL.

I spliced mine together with a ¾" heater hose barb, and maybe a piece of heater hose? I need to drop the tank and put a whole new piece in though as I see it's getting more cracks in it now in the old piece I left in on the top of the tank.

I looked for this hose on AB but did not find it. I found some ¾" heater hose in O-reily's that seemed to work ok as a temporary fix two years ago LOL.

Last edited by mordor110; 09-03-2013 at 11:10 PM.
Old 09-04-2013, 06:19 AM
Rock Crawling

lol I have some 3/4" heater hose but am reluctant to use it as I know it is not fuel rated ... CarQuest here is the only place that actually had 3/4in fuel hose, but it sounded like its ~5$ a foot .....

I'll pick it up and see thanks for the feedback

Old 09-04-2013, 06:23 AM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

If you have boat stores near you, like West Marine, they'll also have fuel rated hose. Many hydraulic hose shops near me also carry fuel rated hose. Just other possible sources of supply.

Old 09-04-2013, 06:27 AM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by Savannah Buzz
If you have boat stores near you, like West Marine, they'll also have fuel rated hose. Many hydraulic hose shops near me also carry fuel rated hose. Just other possible sources of supply.
Aight thanks, I'll look into that too, unfortunately the only west marine I knew that was close closed a bit ago... but theres gotta be somethin else nearby

Old 09-04-2013, 06:32 AM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

Yes, but drive to two places and you'ld have to save a lot to make any difference (gas, etc.). Not like you are buying 20 feet of it for your boat.

Old 09-04-2013, 06:46 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 226 Likes on 195 Posts

You tried NAPA in Antioch? They carry a ton of stuff, more than just your standard Napa, too. They carry Timken whereas some other Napa stores only carry their own brand bearings. It's worth a call at least to see about the fuel line.
Also, is 3/4" the OD? Most lines/hoses are sold by their ID.

Old 09-04-2013, 10:36 PM
Rock Crawling

3/4 i believe is ID, sure hope so ... picked up 3ft from the carquest in grayslake this evening will find out for sure.

per this thread:https://landroverforums.com/forum/di...nt-hose-41987/

it should be 3/4in x 27inches ... I also picked up a splicer for the short term to correct the end till I can go through the hassle of droppin the tank to fix it properly

Old 09-05-2013, 05:33 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That hose is 20mm and good luck finding it (ask me how I know) You want to get hose rated for petroleum products; if you use heater hose, it will eventually dry out and crack again.

I replaced mine a few months ago and it was not all that bad. Unfortunately for me, my hose was cracked near the tank. The hardest part was getting the fuel lines off the pump without breaking them... Best to start hitting them with PB blaster a few days before you plan your project.

Try to plan it where you are almost out of gas so you only have to siphon off <5 gallons. I put duck tape over the openings to keep vapor in and junk out of the tank.

Like I said, the hose is 20mm, so 3/4" is juuuuuust a bit too small. I bought 3' of hose and had to use petroleum jelly on the fittings, heat on the hose, and a lot of elbow grease to get them on.

Quick Reply: Fuel hose