Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Fuel pressure gremlins

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2015, 10:41 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by TOM R
phil i think the new sender resolved my slow fill issue, along with the pressure vapor valve issue at the ael charcoal cannister. harness is definitly something to look at, isnt there also a plug near the drivers side rear wheel well? iirc
Thanks, Tom,

Did you change the pump/sender as a unit? Any changes to the filler neck?

I'll check the wiring when I have time to get at the in-tank pump. I did try disconnecting the vac line between tank and the charcoal canister before filling up this week (after replacing the upstream O2 sensors), and it did help; I was able to pump gas at about 30 seconds per gallon which was faster than before. Driving to town there were no codes from the disconnected line, but I pushed it back on without locking it so I can easily take it off again when I need to fill up.

With new upstream O2 sensors I'm still getting P1314 climbing hills at low speed, but the engine feels smoother and a bit more powerful by seat-of-the-pants standards. I'm hoping MPG improves too.

Old 06-30-2015, 01:06 PM
Super Moderator
Received 226 Likes on 196 Posts

my sender was shot that pressure valve was bad, so changed as a unit got a good used from abran? out in cali, sender looked new compared to mine

i had previously tried blowing out the lines with no change except i did not unhook the charcoal can and blew it up from air pressure

Old 07-02-2015, 10:31 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by TOM R
...i had previously tried blowing out the lines with no change except i did not unhook the charcoal can and blew it up from air pressure

Yeah, I remember that post. Bummer.