Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Hazard lights...

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2017, 04:40 PM
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hazard lights...

First off, im not yelling, i need caps to see clearly...my hazards wont stop flashing, its a 2003 disco, 127k...just installed a new battery...ive been playing with the fuse, i turn the key to the #2 position, put the fuse in, turn back to #1 position, then off & remove the key & they stay off until i start the truck or sometimes they remain off, but within 5-6 miles of driving, right back on...i have the original key but the fob itself looks like a pitbull got to it, buttons missing, useless...the alarm sets using the door lock, & hasnt given me any starting issues...just these damn hazards...so i keep the fuse out, but now im one of those people who never use their signals (whom i cannot stand)...can anybody help me??

Old 07-07-2017, 07:40 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by DISCODOLO
First off, im not yelling, i need caps to see clearly...my hazards wont stop flashing, its a 2003 disco, 127k...just installed a new battery...ive been playing with the fuse, i turn the key to the #2 position, put the fuse in, turn back to #1 position, then off & remove the key & they stay off until i start the truck or sometimes they remain off, but within 5-6 miles of driving, right back on...i have the original key but the fob itself looks like a pitbull got to it, buttons missing, useless...the alarm sets using the door lock, & hasnt given me any starting issues...just these damn hazards...so i keep the fuse out, but now im one of those people who never use their signals (whom i cannot stand)...can anybody help me??
EDIT: YOU HAVE A D2, WRONG FORUM BROTHER. I HAVE NO IDEA IF THIS GOES FOR YOUR TRUCK TOO.

Your truck has a rather odd safety feature which may be involved which performs like this:

you go over what it feels are an overly large set of bumps, I guess it wants you to warn everyone around you about the bumps, so it turns on the flashers for a certain amount of time.

On my truck, they would remain flashing until I could turn off the truck completely, as in all the way to removing the key from the ignition, and sometimes it would take several tries and some time to get them to shut off. Very annoying.

So up under the passenger footwell kind of behind the glove box there is a green box, about 4" x 2.5" x maybe 1/2" thick. It has a rather large plug that goes into it, if I remember correctly.

Well I was fixing something else under there and had taped this box to the side for surgery. Apparently, that's a bad idea. Whatever this box is it contains what sets off the flashers. A tiny bump, or the wife kicking it by mistake, flasher city.

Maybe yours is on the fritz, or loose if you are lucky. Could be anything, I hate electrical crap, but thought I would share my results.

Last edited by geek_IM; 07-07-2017 at 07:43 PM. Reason: D2 - Wrong forum
The following users liked this post:
DISCODOLO (07-08-2017)
Old 07-10-2017, 07:56 AM
TReK
Received 438 Likes on 364 Posts

On the D1 your symptoms would suggest the inertia switch needs to be re-set

Old 07-10-2017, 03:37 PM
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nope...inertia switch has been reset....that was the first thing i tried...for now im just driving without signals...i hate to willingly be "that guy"...but it is what it is, i love my trucc.

Old 07-18-2017, 12:39 PM
Winching
Received 67 Likes on 51 Posts

Here is what I figured out when this happened to me. Post #5

https://landroverforums.com/forum/di...01/#post602388