Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Heater blower and windows stopped working 98 discovery

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 02:19 AM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nothing at all. Are there any other fuse boxes besides under Hood, dash and seat? Downloaded. Rave but have been busy with some structure fires.

Old 01-28-2011, 08:01 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

What about the ground connection? Is it common for these?

Do you have a multimeter? Start making voltage and continuity readings. These wire harnesses do have a lot of internal splices that can become problematic.

You will spend a fortune taking it in to mechanics for all the little things that tend to go wrong.

Download the RAVE manuals and get busy studying unless you got plenty of disposable income and don't mind spreading the wealth.

Old 01-28-2011, 12:50 PM
TReK
Received 471 Likes on 388 Posts

Both the front blower (not rear if you have rear a/c) and windows are grounded to ground point 'E200' according to the RAVE. They also share connector C2028 on their way to that ground. Might be a place to start.

Old 01-28-2011, 05:05 PM

Yes a common ground problem is highly suspect as the culprit. Is that one of the ones under the console? Those ground wires may be spliced internally in the harness or stack on a common stud to the body. I have my console completely out and I know there are several grounds that terminate near the driver seat to a threaded stud near the seat mount. The window switches all ground there.

You could make some resistance readings to verify without having to rip it all apart. But it may require a thorough physical chase to get down to the actual fault/cause....

Old 01-29-2011, 10:44 AM
4wd Low

We cannot get any of it to work. Really don't know what else to do. Are those wires running together anywhere that I can get access to. Don't have a wiring diagram. Was told there was fuses behind glovebox , center console and seat?

Old 01-29-2011, 02:01 PM
Default Wiring diagram in rave

Have you downloaded the RAVE? It contains all the wiring data.

Old 01-30-2011, 05:16 AM
4wd Low
Default windows and heater blower not working

Did continuity check today everything looks good there. Does anymore perhaps have a wiring diagram? Tried to order one from parts store. They can't get one. They are now recommending that I take it to Seattle wa to have it looked at. Problem is that I live almost 200 miles from there and no guarantee as to when they can look at it or how long they will need it: confused: is there a relay that might be causing an issue? Is there any other places that I should be looking?

Old 01-30-2011, 05:33 AM
4wd Low

I must have messed up somewhere. I did not see these posts till now. I will check on your suggestions and see if I can find anything. I have tried a few mechanics now and no I am not rich, LOL. My biggest issue is that I am a woman so I have had a few "want to show off but know nothing mechanics ", around here. My discovery is red and is in mint condition (other than the wiring issue) so it gets a lot of attention and a million questions asked. I appreciate your advice thanks

Old 01-30-2011, 02:33 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Please let us know when you get it figured out.

Old 01-31-2011, 02:52 AM
4wd Low

Pulled it apart today. Nothing on the visual side. Wiggled some of the wires around and still nothing. Will take it apart again today and take a closer look. Saw some small black boxes are they relays? . Can't get rave to open on my computer and the one at the fire station maybe a bad link. Will Google it directly to see if I can open it. Having to replace front axel on my Volvo as well so hands are tied up.love European vehicles but they don't like me so well at the moment, LOL. Will post when I figure it out. Thanks everyone!

Quick Reply: Heater blower and windows stopped working 98 discovery