Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Heater issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 12:07 AM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright, Cool thanks Spike, haha, I like the second option . Do you know of any write ups on how to take apart the dash the correct way? Do you know if the RAVE has anything? Thanks again for the suggestions.

Old 11-14-2010, 09:23 AM
Mudding

I have the same issue w/ my 98. Two heater hoses cut and plugged. No real need for a heater where I live..... but this is an issue I want to have taken care of proffessionally when I have theh time and money. Especially when you're talking about removing dash components on a 12 year old vehicle. Plastic isn't real forgiving from my experience

Old 11-14-2010, 10:12 AM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by PhxDisco1
Alright, Cool thanks Spike, haha, I like the second option . Do you know of any write ups on how to take apart the dash the correct way? Do you know if the RAVE has anything? Thanks again for the suggestions.
I do not know of any write up on tearing the dash apart.
Yes the RAVE will have instructions on how to do it.

Old 11-14-2010, 10:32 AM
Overlanding

Hey Dezert Rover, I'm pretty much in the same predicament, except we only use the heater onces or twice a year, I live in AZ and our nights and mornings get really cool, and sitting on cold leather is like sitting on a block of ice.

Spike do you know of any retailers online that I can get the replacement pipes, in case I may not need to replace the core, and only pipes?

Old 11-14-2010, 10:50 AM
Team Owner

Do your butt warmers work?
If so start the truck and turn them on, go inside for a few min and when you come back your seat should be warm.
If you do not have the butt warmers you can buy the kit for pretty cheap.
There is a kit like this for the DI but I cant find it.
http://www.roverparts.com/Parts/2004.cfm
All you need are the switches, the heaters are already there.

As for the pipes, www.roverlandparts.com
And www.roversnorth.com
You may need to call those guys to find out if they have them or not.
I bet they do.

Old 11-14-2010, 11:46 AM
Mudding

I've been using my seat heaters like mentioned above..... I do plan on fixing the heater though; I never know when the urge to head north strikes me

Old 11-14-2010, 09:55 PM
Overlanding

I am really looking forward to going up north to Flag or Prescott, when the snow starts, so this is why I'm getting anxious about getting my heat fixed I have a core and pipes coming in the mail should be here by Wednesday or Thursday, so I am sure I will have my hands tied up removing the dash board on one of those days. I'm taking pictures while doing it to keep me organized.

As for the seat warmers, I do have them, I am not sure they work, the switches light up but I'm sure the only heat I feel is coming from my own rear...So that will be my next adventure. Do they heat up just on the seat cushion you sit on or does the back also heat up, and how long does it take for them to heat up? I just can't wait to share my excitement about the DI, with my son and wife

Old 11-15-2010, 09:53 AM
Mudding

Do you have a manual for it? That will answer alot of the kinds of questions. Mine warm up in around 5 mins probably

Old 11-15-2010, 10:16 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Or just dress real warm. You know the Series Land Rovers did not come stock with heaters anyway, so you can pretend you are following an old LR tradition of driving with no heat.

Old 11-15-2010, 04:14 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Danny Lee 97 Disco
Or just dress real warm. You know the Series Land Rovers did not come stock with heaters anyway, so you can pretend you are following an old LR tradition of driving with no heat.
Good man, good man.

You could also just run drier vent duct from under the hood to the passenger cabin. lol

Quick Reply: Heater issues