Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Help with my disco 1 96 V8i

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2021, 04:12 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with my disco 1 96 V8i

Hey guys! New member here! have been reading lots of threads on this forum and it’s helped me greatly but I have a couple things I’m stumped on! I recently scored a 96 D1 V8i 3.9l RHD auto and I have a few small issues, main issue atm is the idling which seems to be great in in “P” (around 700) but then sometimes I shift into drive or reverse and the revs will drop almost all the way down sometimes pulsing back up and back down and sometimes just stalling, seems to happen when warm but also seems to be kind of random... I have disabled abs atm as I think a sensor went bad (when turning and braking slow I would get a spring boing noise around the wheel area and feedback on brake) I removed the abs valve 30A fuse and it stopped but the idling seems to be either related or coincidental with the timing? Also I have a couple rubber small hoses going to nowhere, one goes into firewall maybe so I’m guessing it’s CC but other one comes from the top of engine windshield side on the side where you fill the oil? Any help would be awesome! If you need video of idle I can email video or maybe YouTube it? Btw I so have the full RAVE in the back but can’t seem to figure out where to look exactly it’s kind of cryptic haha. I have seen people clean the IACV with carb cleaner and wondering if this could help the idle

Cheers in advance

Old 03-06-2021, 06:23 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 66 Likes on 63 Posts

That hose looks to be CC related. It should trace to the CC pump located on the drivers side engine bay and under the storage area for your hydraulic jack.

Old 03-07-2021, 07:10 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Toran
That hose looks to be CC related. It should trace to the CC pump located on the drivers side engine bay and under the storage area for your hydraulic jack.
thanks but I think it’s actually the rocket cover oil breather if I’m labelling that correctly, it goes from that little outlet and then toward the airbox, realised today looking at rave it should be connected to the airbox on the side! So I’m guessing it’s something to do with oil fumes or breathing for the valves or something? Duno but that’s where it goes I think. I don’t have any cc lines except I think one that goes toward the t piece and back into the fire wall under RHD side, someone must have removed them as the pump has nothing connected and neither does the t piece coming off the CC actuator (not sure if it’s called that the thing next to throttle that holds the pressure) might get some new vac lines and plug it in see if it works. Going to clean IACV and plenum inlet and throttle body and MAF tonight and see if that cleans up any idle issues, otherwise she’ll get some new plugs and leads and then after that I’m stumped lol

Old 03-08-2021, 06:15 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 66 Likes on 63 Posts

I think I followed the wrong line. LOL
Glad to hear it is getting figured out.