Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

How much should I pay him?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 07:54 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well Chris. I envy you. I come from a type of household where the toolset consists of a screw driver in the kitchen drawer . I never learned any mechanical or handyman or construction skills until I embraced them later in life. I'm a hack at these skills but I've done some relatively impressive things. I'm learning about the truck now. Like everything else in life, it can be learned. Being excellent at it tho takes different talent/skills and of course experience. My kids go to a snobby school here and I always tell them that they can go for a trade school/work experience instead if that's what they love. Who needs another lawyer???

Old 07-15-2011, 09:21 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

So how did you end up in San Juan Puerto Rico from NYC?

That has to be a story within itself.

Sounds like you did fine and he made out as well, especially if he gets a killer apartment at hundreds below market value. A good arrangement for both. And Beer to boot, who could ask for anything more?

Reminds me of the new Counrty Song "*** in the Water, Toes in the Sand".

Old 07-15-2011, 10:15 AM
Pro Wrench

Married a Puerto Rican girl and just liked the quality of life down here. Tired of the rat race.....not an unusual story. I've lived in a bunch of places outside of the US.

I hear Pit is enjoying a great renaissance. I have a couple of NYC friends that really like it and are having some success there. Even your baseball team is something to cheer for these days. Penn must be a great state for 4 wheeling. I know better the New York border upstate but I like what I saw over there. (I'm not so hot on things Philadelphia tho...except for that Cheese Steak)

I'm okay with the deal. Not thrilled. I think it worked out to a pretty high hourly wage and I suffered through the process a bit. Think I'll raise his rent next year.

Most importantly the truck is riding great now and I can start on the other bits.

Old 07-15-2011, 11:37 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Pittsburgh just got voted most livable city by some magazine or another beating out some city in Hawaii. My wife is from there and I'm reluctant to say it but they're dumping a ton of money into Pitt and it's turning into a really nice city. And it's still dirt cheap. Now if people would just live downtown instead of on the other side of all the rivers.
Don't hate on Philly! Haha. You can't have our cheesesteaks if you don't have anything nice to say about us. Dont forget we also have tastykake and soft pretzels. We're pretty awesome. IMHO.

Old 07-15-2011, 12:59 PM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by turf63
Pittsburgh just got voted most livable city by some magazine or another beating out some city in Hawaii. My wife is from there and I'm reluctant to say it but they're dumping a ton of money into Pitt and it's turning into a really nice city. And it's still dirt cheap. Now if people would just live downtown instead of on the other side of all the rivers.
Don't hate on Philly! Haha. You can't have our cheesesteaks if you don't have anything nice to say about us. Dont forget we also have tastykake and soft pretzels. We're pretty awesome. IMHO.
Yea...it's a Mets thang. Half the family is from Philly/South Jersey...so I got no beef!