Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

How much are these worth?/How much would you pay?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 03:12 PM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default How much are these worth?/How much would you pay?

There's a possibility that I can get my hands on a set of 5 old school Rover steel wheels. I'm told they came off of a '70's Rangie, and they look like the steel spare from the DI so I'm assuming they would work for D90's, later Series III's, RRC and DI's if they are all the same bolt pattern???

Worth it to pick these up? How much would you pay if you were buying them for yourself?

P.S. - I know these will NOT work with my DII.

Old 05-11-2011, 04:08 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah those look like regular DI spare steels. I paid $25 each for the set I have if that helps.

Old 05-11-2011, 04:37 PM
Baja
Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

I have to ask why you're interested in them if you drive a DII as they won't fit it? To sell on? Probably not worth the hassle.

They aren't as strong as the alloys which aren't as strong as the Wolf wheels. They are fine though for a Series rover (other than the 1 Tons) and for a Disco or D90. I wouldn't use them on a heavily loaded 110-130.

Old 05-11-2011, 04:59 PM
TReK

Originally Posted by Long Haul
Yeah those look like regular DI spare steels. I paid $25 each for the set I have if that helps.
Originally Posted by antichrist
I have to ask why you're interested in them if you drive a DII as they won't fit it? To sell on? Probably not worth the hassle.

They aren't as strong as the alloys which aren't as strong as the Wolf wheels. They are fine though for a Series rover (other than the 1 Tons) and for a Disco or D90. I wouldn't use them on a heavily loaded 110-130.
Thank you both for the info, that is exactly what I needed to know.

I am interested in them because I can get them for very cheap so I'm hoping to clean them up and re-sell them. I live in a much more convenient location to the greater Seattle area than the current seller, so I think I'll have a better shot to get them to someone that can use them and make a little money doing it.

.....Wish I still had my DI, I'd put these on in a heartbeat

Old 05-11-2011, 05:03 PM
Super Moderator
Received 95 Likes on 90 Posts

If they are actually Rang Rover steel wheels, they are supposedly known for not being very strong, and splitting. The D1 factory steel wheel (on base model in the UK, and the spare in the US) is supposed to be a strong wheel. I've got a set of 5 discovery wheels, and they are massive. They probably weigh over 30 pounds each.

Old 05-11-2011, 05:05 PM
TReK

Originally Posted by jafir
If they are actually Rang Rover steel wheels, they are supposedly known for not being very strong, and splitting.
Hmm...also good to know, he claimse they are genuine Range Rover wheels from the 70's. Maybe that's why they are so cheap

So maybe these would be good for a trailer queen resto?

Last edited by yloDiscoII; 05-11-2011 at 06:23 PM.
Old 05-11-2011, 07:57 PM
Baja
Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

I'd ask the seller for the PN stamped in them, and if they are all the same, so you know what you're really getting.

Old 05-11-2011, 11:20 PM
TReK

Originally Posted by antichrist
I'd ask the seller for the PN stamped in them, and if they are all the same, so you know what you're really getting.
I'll check for that tomorrow when I go by to take a look at them. Thanks.

Old 05-12-2011, 09:39 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by yloDiscoII
Hmm...also good to know, he claimse they are genuine Range Rover wheels from the 70's. Maybe that's why they are so cheap

So maybe these would be good for a trailer queen resto?
Good call. Those collectors would probably pay good money for original stuff like that. I wish I could put those on my Disco

Old 05-12-2011, 11:14 PM
TReK

Picked these up today...WHAT A DEAL! 2 pairs of matching tires along with a spare. Seller brought the over from Oz, had them on his Defender. Now I just need a SII, Defender or DI to put them on

They are NTC5193's, which rings up as the Disco I spare on Roverland parts.

Last edited by yloDiscoII; 05-12-2011 at 11:33 PM.

Quick Reply: How much are these worth?/How much would you pay?