Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

how to open driver interior door panel

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 10:22 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question how to open driver interior door panel

my second window has failed and this time i cant lift it up its almost all the way down and winters here. my rear passenger broke a while ago but i lifted it and secured it im guessing i will have to open the door panel to fix it would anybody know how to do this? also the motors are running but the windows wont budge thanks

Old 12-04-2010, 12:50 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

to take off the panel there are a couple of bolts/screws under the inside handle/armrest thing and a screw inside the door handle (that opens the door) then I believe that handle has a cover piece that comes off (should come loose when the screw is removed). then just pop tabs all around holding it on (just get a good grip and pull away or use a panel removal tool and carefully pry it off, there should be a small gapped section at the bottom to get either your fingers in or a panel tool. I am pretty sure the speaker is mounted to the panel so you should only need to unplug it when you get the panel off, also panel goes up over door lock once all the pop tabs are out.

Old 12-04-2010, 12:30 PM
Winching
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Word of caution...

those panel rivets and their sockets are easily damaged so proceed carefully. AND they encircle the entire perimeter of the door panel... even across the top. when you pull the black rubber window seal up and out dont just push or pull up on the panel until all the top row rivets are UN-popped. Just a tip from experience.

Old 12-04-2010, 08:55 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Cosmic88
those panel rivets and their sockets are easily damaged so proceed carefully. AND they encircle the entire perimeter of the door panel... even across the top. when you pull the black rubber window seal up and out dont just push or pull up on the panel until all the top row rivets are UN-popped. Just a tip from experience.
yes good call, I usually just let a few break and don't worry about it (replacements are usually pretty cheap if you need them, but a few missing on reassembly won't hurt anything) but they do break easy. The plastic sheet inside will however cause excessive noise in the door and possibly some loss of insulation if it is damaged or not replaced correctly.