Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

I am not smart, jumped it backwards and it won't start now

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2017, 10:28 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I am not smart, jumped it backwards and it won't start now

Hey I'm new to posting but I've been using the site for months fixing up my 97 disco.
So I had a crap battery I had to jump if I didn't drive for a few days. One day I am out fixing my exhaust and many beers later I go to jump it and hear it purr. Without thinking I hooked Black to Red and Red to Black. I go to jump in and crank it up and the horn starts going off and I realize exactally what I did and run and dissconect it.

I couldn't get it to jump start after that. Replaced the battery and it started right up, better than ever! Start driving to take my old battery back and I noticed my windows weren't working, headlights wouldn't turn on, ac didn't turn on, and a few more bugs.

I went to start it again and it just cranks but won't start. Only fuse that looked bad was the alternator, which might of been my battery problem to start. It's getting fuel and spark.

Long story short jumped my 97 wrong, replaced battery, it started once, fuses look fine, lots of electrical components don't work, cranks but won't run.