Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Landy door won't unlock or open

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2022, 06:03 PM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Landy door won't unlock or open

Disco 1 front passenger door locked Will not unlock or open.
door card is off have access to the mechanisms but no luck in releasing door. Please. Any help would be much appreciated

Old 12-17-2022, 10:30 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Need a little more info. For instance, I turned the key and unlocked the door but, the door lock tab did not go high enough. I had to replace the springs inside ($10.00 Lucky8). That fixed my issue. Does the door lock **** go up and down?

The following users liked this post:
JohnZo (12-18-2022)
Old 12-17-2022, 07:57 PM
3rd Gear
Default Landy door

Originally Posted by DHTaylor
Need a little more info. For instance, I turned the key and unlocked the door but, the door lock tab did not go high enough. I had to replace the springs inside ($10.00 Lucky8). That fixed my issue. Does the door lock **** go up and down?
Hey bud. It's been messed with before. Wasn't locking on the fob. So I manually locked it and now it won't unlock. Door lock actuator has previously been disconnected
it's clicking with the key but won't disengage. There is no lock **** mechanism. Just need to get it open

Old 12-18-2022, 01:05 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Might I recommend a trip down to the junkyard. Or, and if you get me an address, I can mail you a door actuator - just hit me up for shipping. I have three here - like I said, I had problems. I had intended on just collecting them and selling them on eBay but, that never materialized. After I went and robbed the junkyard, my actuator started working. So, I never even got to replace mine.
Also, I had a spring issue, as mentioned. The door lock would not go up all of the way. You had to hold the key all the way to the unlock position to open the door. Those springs are cheap.
I do not have any extra door lock thumbs around, nor the arms. And, no planned trips down to the junkyard as there are no discos there at this time.

Old 12-18-2022, 05:21 PM
3rd Gear
Default Landy door

Originally Posted by DHTaylor
Might I recommend a trip down to the junkyard. Or, and if you get me an address, I can mail you a door actuator - just hit me up for shipping. I have three here - like I said, I had problems. I had intended on just collecting them and selling them on eBay but, that never materialized. After I went and robbed the junkyard, my actuator started working. So, I never even got to replace mine.
Also, I had a spring issue, as mentioned. The door lock would not go up all of the way. You had to hold the key all the way to the unlock position to open the door. Those springs are cheap.
I do not have any extra door lock thumbs around, nor the arms. And, no planned trips down to the junkyard as there are no discos there at this time.
Thanks mate. I will definitely need a trip to the wreckers.
The lock mechanism has been messed with before. I assume the same problem.
I just can't seem to find the lock release mechanism on the door lock. The actuator actually seems to be functioning.
There is no hardware to attach it.

Old 12-22-2022, 08:44 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

I have been having problems both drivers and passenger door not unlocking/locking all the way w/ FOB or by hand/key. - so its always unlocked.
Also I have to pull really hard and fast on the handles to get the doors to open (rears are still fine).
Im getting ready to replace all the springs. As there's another post with related problems that was fixed by replacing the spring (of course I cant find it atm).

amazon:
Amazon Amazon

or search amazon for - Door Lock Actuator Repair Springs, 5Pcs Door Lock Latch Repair Springs Set Replacement for Land Rover Discovery 1 MK1

Hope this helps.
Please post back with you success/failure/fix -