Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

More electrical issues that make no sense....

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 03:46 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More electrical issues that make no sense....

From my earlier post about the flickering lights, I now have another strange problem that happened this morning. I drove my 98 Dis le to the store and when I started it back up to leave my heater, wipers, radio, power windows, would not work at all; however, my upper left signal light that's been out for a month started working again. The car was driving pretty normal other than the electrical malfunctions. So as I head into my garage, I go to shift into park and hear a loud grinding sound. I double check and shift back to drive and then back to park and again, the grinding sound. So I take my groceries inside and go back out and start it back up and all the above instruments are now working again, and when I shift, the grinding sound has disappeared. WTF? I know previous responses have brought up the internal regulator; however, the grinding sound (sounded like I was shifting without my foot on the brake) makes no sense to me why that would be affected. Any ideas before I take it back to the shop that didn't fix it the first time?

Bruce

Old 02-19-2012, 07:59 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Bruce,

I would suggest you look everything over really well yourself and see whatyou can determine. These are the kind of things that will break a rich man if you have to take it to the shop for everything that happens.

Do you have a voltmeter? Try reading the alternator output and check it for noises. What condition is serp belt in?