Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

my new used disco has a tilted steering wheel

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 05:04 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ahh i don't get them very often...it has been a while but this new disco may drive me to it..... bremerhaven is where I was but I have been to Germany a few times once as a civilian for a few days but I was a kid then.

Old 06-02-2011, 07:52 PM
Three Wheeling

rovers got a new brain and the engine is now running pretty normal. now I am pretty sure the thermostat is needing replaced maybe a mushy hose need to look at her tomorrow. I havent had time to mess with the steering wheel yet but the wheel isn't all of her problem in that dept. On the way home from the dealer today at 60 mph if you drift a little and hit a tiny bump she starts violently shaking in the front end I believe anyway.....and you have to drift a little in another direction or try to get the wheels to stop twice was all I wanted or needed got off of the freeway before I hurt her or someone else.....I have a feeling this monster would plow right through a nissan....any way that freaked me out good enough....and I haven't had sleep in oh 24 hours as of 9 p.m. think I was worried about her brain surgery night every body.

Old 06-15-2011, 10:38 PM
Three Wheeling

just a little update on this thread....The panhard rod bushings where shot....I replaced those and the steering damper today and it put the steering wheel almost into the norm it is only slightly off now...I am thinking that when I do the radius arm bushings and tighten anything else I can in the front end that it might just put that steering wheel where it is supposed to be. If I had adjusted the steering before I did these other things I believe I would have had to go back and do it again.