Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

"New" 95 Discovery

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2022, 11:46 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default "New" 95 Discovery

I found this on Facebook Marketplace with 130k on it. I ended up paying $700.00 for it. It has a 3.9 that is pretty tight. I have made it through the sticky maintenance over the last 4 months.

I changed out the headlights on it with the newer version because I like them and I picked up the lights out of salvage for $40.00.

My snowdog count has risen to 4 Huskys and 2 Wolf/Malamute/Huskys so I am in the process of building this in the cargo area. I pulled the rear seat out and built 3/4" plywood deck that runs all the way to the front seats leaving more laying space where the rear seat footwells were...It's in the proof of concept right now with tie-wraps holding together. As soon as I am happy with how it all works I am going to go back and add rubber matt flooring, paint the caging the Epson Green like the truck color, and bolt it all together

I have front seats for it that I pulled out of a salvage about 2 yrs ago that are in perfect condition, that I am going to be putting in it soon. I bought a 12k winch for it that I want to incorporate into the bullbar for it and an overhead rack with 4 lights that match the ones on the bull bar.

I still have not decided on what kind of Android Radio I am putting in it but probably the newest Joying 9" that just came out. The stock unit is toast and I have been relegated to a Bluetooth portable and my YouTubemusc offline files for now, which is okay but not physically convenient.

I am having a little idle issue that pops up every once in a while that I have bugged IHScouts about.

Other than that I am extremely happy with the progress and performance of the truck

The following users liked this post:
JohnZo (02-11-2022)
Old 02-11-2022, 02:55 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

The truck looks fantastic!!

The following users liked this post:
Roverfanatic (02-12-2022)
Old 02-12-2022, 10:42 AM
Rock Crawling
Default Tires from FB Marketplace

Thank you. I renewed the paint by sanding down to the base coat and using clear on it but other than the hood was not happy with the results. At some point, I am going to sift through forums on painting. I have big air and a friend that paints for advice but have not done anything other than rattle can work in the past. Just something I always wanted to do so I am in no hurry.

I found these on Facebook Marketplace yesterday BFGoodrich 235/75/16 109T Long Trails for $110.00.
They have a tread depth of 11/32 (New on this one is 12/32) The wheels with center caps came with it, which I should have off today and listed on FB for a couple of hundred bucks...

I had to drive 2 hours to get them but it was worth it.

This kid has these tires and wheels and would not stop bugging me to buy them. I offered him $150.00 and he bit so I am picking them up today. They are take-offs from his Jeep The tires still have the nubbies on them. I should be set with tires for quite some time

There 235/75/16 106 Firestone Destination A/T's. Once again I will be relisting the wheels as soon as I get them off the tires.

Old 02-12-2022, 05:23 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 390 Likes on 317 Posts

Love these kind of finds! Where the heck did you get the A frame bar? Is it from a DII?

Old 02-14-2022, 08:22 AM
Rock Crawling

Another FB Marketplace listing. I usually save the links Marketplace but because it was just for parts I think all I have is the picture of the truck it came off of. Yes, it was a D2. He sold me the bull bar for $50.00 with Land Rover OEM floodlights, the headlights, and the front seats. I think there was more but I can't remember...that was several salvage yard finds ago...

I pulled all the tires off the wheels yesterday (8) and cut the old tires off an extra set of wheels I have..I am going to mount them today...

Old 02-14-2022, 02:02 PM
Mudding
Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

What part of TX are you in? We have a club - Texas Rovers. A lot of us have d1's also, and the parts you'd need!

Old 02-17-2022, 06:02 AM
Rock Crawling

I thought I was a member of Texas Rover. I have the link in my speed dials but the system could not find me for resetting the password so maybe I was purged for non-use or did not sign up...

I am in the bowels of Texas........ E Texas....Longview.