Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

New Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 08:45 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that can't be stainless. maybe it's like a lot of those appliances which tout stainless steel look. yeah there are different grades but that rusted too fast. send them a note asking this question and see if they want to do something about it or if thats the quality they sell. that's crap. id be pissed.

Old 10-26-2011, 08:57 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah Im not happy with it at all apearance wise. They advertised it as being stainless (i knew it wouldve been a cheap grade). I already contacted them with the issue but they wont warranty it unless its rotted threw. Its more of an apearance issue then anything. Its still as solid as the day i put it in it just looks like crap. Now the muffler all be it dented and scratched it still looks shiny.

Old 10-26-2011, 09:08 AM
Pro Wrench

i dont think i want to be noticed anymore than I am either or id go loud....

Old 10-26-2011, 09:10 AM
Pro Wrench

you could use the rust product (KBS) i just used for my floors. itll fix that right up. you could go with black or galvanized color.

Attached Images  
Old 01-17-2012, 11:17 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did they advertise it as a full stainless exhaust, or a stainless mufler?.... That definitely doesn't look like stainless steel to me! Have you tried cleaning it with wheel acid or A/C coil cleaner? That may clean it up a bit for you.

Old 01-18-2012, 06:56 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 399 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by ThorsDiscovery
......and not a beauty queen... although she is a decent 6 in my book.

...but high maintenance like she's an eleven!
Couple more beers are needed...then it's a 10 and a 0, don't worry so much when you have a hangover.

Old 01-18-2012, 08:11 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have to say I got a flowmaster type muffler and I almost regret it, if I did it again I would go silent again. The rover sounds good but a lot of times I wish I could slip silently through the woods, rovers are cool like that, they can be grill deep in muddy water and still maintain some type of class. Don't get me wrong I like throaty exhaust notes but after having it a while I'm not sure it fits its personality.

Old 01-18-2012, 09:20 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went to a local muffler shop... Not one of those "Name Brand" shops either... $230 bucks later, I have a custom mandrel bent stainless exhaust from the cats all the way back.

Old 01-18-2012, 06:21 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

I love my flowmaster, i've had it at least a year and it perfectly matches my personality but im an absolute ******* if that helps your decision making process

Old 01-18-2012, 08:20 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by tweakrover
I have to say I got a flowmaster type muffler and I almost regret it, if I did it again I would go silent again. The rover sounds good but a lot of times I wish I could slip silently through the woods, rovers are cool like that, they can be grill deep in muddy water and still maintain some type of class. Don't get me wrong I like throaty exhaust notes but after having it a while I'm not sure it fits its personality.
Thats why I went with the super quiet muffler, I want to hear the stereo no the exhaust.
And like you said, it is easier to sneak up when you are quiet.

Quick Reply: New Exhaust