Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Question Regarding Valve Cover Leak

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 06:13 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Which part is so unbelievable to you? The fact that I don't know how or the fact that I don't have tools or a shop?

Old 04-25-2011, 06:16 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I did mine in my drive way, all you need is the right socket, extension and ratchet along with a good light. What is so intimidating about that?

What about spark plugs, fluids and filter changes and other basics, and brakes and wheel bearings.

Hope you got lots of disposable income and a second vehicle.....

Old 04-25-2011, 06:18 PM
Mudding

Dude, yes I'm for real? What part is so unbelievable for you?

Old 04-25-2011, 06:20 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

That you have Land Rover at all dude, if you cannot handle tightening the Valve cover bolts.

Old 04-25-2011, 06:26 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Danny Lee 97 Disco
That you have Land Rover at all dude, if you cannot handle tightening the Valve cover bolts.
I think he is referring to replacing the gasket, not tightening the bolts. Well at least I hope he is.....

Old 04-25-2011, 07:13 PM
Winching
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

geeeeeez... Danny is a helpful and experienced guy... just a bit impatient at times.

Not everyone has skills and tools to match for every job ya know my brother.

Old 04-25-2011, 08:49 PM
Mudding

Hey Danny Lee is being an unbearable ******** also part of the qualifications for owning a Rover? If so I think you'd be the only person on this forum. If you worked as hard on your reading comprehension skills as you do at being an "E Dick" you would've have realized that I clearly stated yesterday in this thread that it wasn't the bolts and I tightened them to the suggested 15lbs by the other contributing and friendly members. Do us all a favor and shove that weak *** pension check you live for each month up your ***.

Old 04-25-2011, 08:51 PM
Mudding

P.S dick I know you think your top dog in this little fish bowl but in reality your just a worthless old nobody that no one wants to be around in person. Which would explain why your on here 24-7 ready to jump on people for no reason.

Old 04-26-2011, 09:07 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Alright. Let's stop the violence and increase the peace. I just did my valley pan/intake manifold gasket ALONG with my rocker cover gaskets last weekend. It's really a lot easier than you'd expect. You can take a look at my pictures but the valve covers come out pretty easily. My link should be
http://Www.picasaweb.google.com/Ryan...ntake_manifold
If it's not just search it in my thread "need help brainstorming"
Once you get the plenum and MAF off that are covering the left rocker cover there's just a few pita things in your way. You can totally Knock that job out. Save yourself $300

Old 04-26-2011, 10:09 AM
Mudding

turf63 thank you and I'll give it a shot. Sorry about being upset but I've let his jabs go on before and it doesn't seem to work. So I'll jus start returning fire. Its not the time that bothers me its knowing what goes where in the rebuild portion. I understand why they put all of that on top of there ( to keep it high and dry) I'm just not used to it.

Is there anything else I should go ahead and do while I have all that crap off?

Quick Reply: Question Regarding Valve Cover Leak