Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Seat covers?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2016, 03:06 AM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat covers?

I have a 99...front drivers seat has a pretty large rip...I'm looking for seat covers but also wanting to not spend tons of money at all..I saw a set on eBay for like $35 but I'm willing to bet they are horrible..anyone know if the dickies seat covers work with the land rovers?

Old 01-26-2016, 12:37 PM
Winching
Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

High-quality duct tape like 3M, Gorilla or T-Rex will get the job done and last up to a year. If you want to do a little better, just pull the seat and take it into an upholstery shop and they should be able to recover it for the cost of about an hour's labor and some vinyl. Just covering the rip won't work because you'll still have the edge of the rip poking through the cover, and you'll start tearing the foam. You could duct tape it and then put a cover over it, but you won't find good covers for less than the cost of the upholstery job.

Old 01-26-2016, 10:34 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 225 Likes on 194 Posts

The trail gear covers from Cabelas are pretty decent for the money.
There are some really nice seat covers out there, Wet Okele and the like, but you could almost buy another D1 for their price.

Old 01-26-2016, 11:01 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 399 Likes on 383 Posts

X2 ^, suggest Cabela's too.

Old 01-27-2016, 08:12 AM
TReK
Received 418 Likes on 350 Posts

Mine are getting a little rough. Here is another option but the price looks too good to be true....and therefore, it probably is. Waiting to hear about someone else's experience. Feel free to be the guinea pig.

Amazon.com: 1989-1998 Land Rover Discovery Genuine Leather Seats Cover Custom Made (Front)Lark: Automotive Amazon.com: 1989-1998 Land Rover Discovery Genuine Leather Seats Cover Custom Made (Front)Lark: Automotive

Old 01-27-2016, 10:38 AM
Winching

Originally Posted by fishEH
There are some really nice seat covers out there, Wet Okele and the like, but you could almost buy another D1 for their price.
Like Takla, Escape Gear, or Melvill & Moon.

Old 01-27-2016, 08:23 PM
Drifting
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you guys for real ? $300 dollar seat covers ? Neville and Moon ?
I got some seat covers from target about two years ago , for something like $20 .... they've held up really well for the the price there a little thin now. I've been eying the Dickies seat covers too they should fit all right . You could always buy them ..... and then return them if they don't fit ?

Old 01-28-2016, 10:11 AM
Winching

The price on the Melville and Moon is really good right now because the South African Rand has been declining steeply against the dollar for about five years. You would have paid double before.

No, they're not the cheapest or most practical seat cover. Neither is a Barbour jacket cheaper than some nylon from Big 5. Most people's D1's are closer to Big 5 than Barbour, but remember my first suggestion was duct tape. It's just not the only option.

Last edited by binvanna; 01-28-2016 at 10:28 AM.
Old 05-28-2016, 05:52 PM
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default An alternative resource for seat covers

As some of you know, I recently started a manufacturing and online retail business called Knightsbridge Overland that offers Overland Expedition Gear including custom fit,Tactical and non-Tactical Seat Covers specifically designed for 'classic' Land Rovers: Series, Range Rover Classics, Defenders and Discovery Is. Made in the USA.

These Seat Covers are made of 600 Denier Cordura material that is water, oil and dust resistant. They're extremely comfortable, easy to install and keep you warmer in the Winter and cooler in the Summer. They are available for front and rear seats and come in Tan, Black and Grey. We also offer Middle Seat Covers for Defender 110s.

I encourage you to check out the online store at www.knightsbridgeoverland.com.

Also, if you have a moment, I'd greatly appreciate it if you'd "Like" the Knightsbridge Overland page on Facebook.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments. Thanks so much!

Old 05-30-2016, 02:33 PM
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WaltNYC
Mine are getting a little rough. Here is another option but the price looks too good to be true....and therefore, it probably is. Waiting to hear about someone else's experience. Feel free to be the guinea pig.

Amazon.com: 1989-1998 Land Rover Discovery Genuine Leather Seats Cover Custom Made (Front)Lark: Automotive
Walt and I are playing chicken to see who buys these seat covers first. I did read some reviews on the Ebay seller's seat covers from other car/year models and the reviews were not too encouraging.

My seat cover search continues -- I'll be sure to check out the Knightbridge Overland website.

Gabe

Quick Reply: Seat covers?