Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Shocks and Springs

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 07:48 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jake1996D1
coilovers FTW everything is adjustable rebuildable you only have to do a little bit of fabbing to make them fit. I dream about having this attached to the front of my truck.. a bit excessive? hell yes but look at how beautiful it is

Now you have me curious, let's just say you were to get them fabricated on. Which would you use?! :]

Old 04-16-2012, 07:56 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by calebbo
Now you have me curious, let's just say you were to get them fabricated on. Which would you use?! :]
For what mounts or Coilovers? I'd probably stick with fox.. But if $$ was no object bilstein, king or foa

Last edited by Jake1996D1; 04-16-2012 at 08:02 PM.
Old 04-16-2012, 07:57 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

All that is is a McPhearson strut, almost all front wheel drive cars have them, no big deal in my opinion.

Old 04-16-2012, 08:11 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 225 Likes on 194 Posts

Did I do something to offend you sir?
I apologize if I was harsh. You initially asked:
I want all shock and spring combinations and why you think they are good. Whether it's because of price, quality, or whatever give me your inputs!

There are about a million spring/shock combinations. Maybe if I don't shout this time you'll answer the questions that will let us beter answer yours.
What do you want to use your truck for/ what do you want to be able to do with it?
What size tire do you want to run?
What's your budget?

Old 04-16-2012, 08:22 PM
Pro Wrench

Oh, well see I'm not looking for shocks and springs haha I already know what I want. I was asking in the other thread just to start conversation and ideas. But to answer your questions I want a strong trail truck. I plan on getting either the TF or OME HD springs and shocks as a set (most likely TF) because I plan on getting a front ARB bumper and RTE rear, roof rack, and hd steering and axle components along with skid plates and rock sliders. I want to fit maybe 31 or 32 in tires maybe the 245/75/16 or 235/85/16 and be done with it. Add a snorkel and clean up the interior and I'm set big dreams and eventually make it a diesel but baby steps. I'm getting the Hd track rod and drag link and swivel pin kits to correct my weak steering. Then moving from there. Making the car reliable before adding the goodies.

Old 04-16-2012, 10:04 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Oh, well see I'm not looking for shocks and springs haha I already know what I want. I was asking in the other thread just to start conversation and ideas. But to answer your questions I want a strong trail truck. I plan on getting either the TF or OME HD springs and shocks as a set (most likely TF) because I plan on getting a front ARB bumper and RTE rear, roof rack, and hd steering and axle components along with skid plates and rock sliders. I want to fit maybe 31 or 32 in tires maybe the 245/75/16 or 235/85/16 and be done with it. Add a snorkel and clean up the interior and I'm set big dreams and eventually make it a diesel but baby steps. I'm getting the Hd track rod and drag link and swivel pin kits to correct my weak steering. Then moving from there. Making the car reliable before adding the goodies.

You have a lot to learn young grasshopper. Take your time, read a ton and take your truck wheelin before you start changing things. Then you will see what is actually important and what is a waste of money.

and there is no such thing as HD swivel pins, maybe you mean tie rod ends.

Old 04-16-2012, 10:06 PM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by Jake1996D1
You have a lot to learn young grasshopper. Take your time, read a ton and take your truck wheelin before you start changing things. Then you will see what is actually important and what is a waste of money.

and there is no such thing as HD swivel pins, maybe you mean tie rod ends.
No I meant HD Track Rod and Drag link AND swivel pins. I meant it as separate from the HD track rod and HD drag link. Sorry I was typing so fast I was not paying heed to punctuation haha. I'm buying the HD track rod and HD Drag link and also two swivel pin kits along with panhard rod bushings. clarify things?

Last edited by calebbo; 04-16-2012 at 10:08 PM.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:10 AM
Pro Wrench

I've decided on the TF HD COils but does anybody have experience with either of these TF shocks?

All Terrain: says they are perfect for replacing stocks shocks and for driving from the job site to the motorway. In my mind I just imagine construction work on a high way and to me that's not really off-roading.

Pro-Sport: basically the harder you push them the better they work. This is what I'm leaning towards.

Big Bore: I don't know if my vehicle qualifies for this shock haha I mean it's bone stock with dreams of adding bumpers and other things FROM THE SITE: Heavy trucks need heavy suspension, Terrafirma has developed the Big Bore Expedition shock specifically for fully laden Land Rovers such as overland and utility vehicles. The Big Bore Expedition shocks are designed to handle the battering experienced when travelling over rough terrain while providing stability and control with top heavy vehicles at both low and high speed.

Old 04-18-2012, 10:38 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 225 Likes on 194 Posts

I've decided on the TF HD COils but does anybody have experience with either of these TF shocks?

All Terrain: says they are perfect for replacing stocks shocks and for driving from the job site to the motorway. In my mind I just imagine construction work on a high way and to me that's not really off-roading.

Pro-Sport: basically the harder you push them the better they work. This is what I'm leaning towards.

Big Bore: I don't know if my vehicle qualifies for this shock haha I mean it's bone stock with dreams of adding bumpers and other things FROM THE SITE: Heavy trucks need heavy suspension, Terrafirma has developed the Big Bore Expedition shock specifically for fully laden Land Rovers such as overland and utility vehicles. The Big Bore Expedition shocks are designed to handle the battering experienced when travelling over rough terrain while providing stability and control with top heavy vehicles at both low and high speed.
Get the ProSport +2" shocks. TF part #'s TF120/TF121. Call Justin at Lucky 8 and he'll get you set up.

Old 04-18-2012, 12:23 PM
Pro Wrench

love my terrafirma 2" medium kit, don't offroad but we handle apocalyptic urban pretty well.

Quick Reply: Shocks and Springs