Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   Discovery I (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-i-39/)
-   -   So what did you do to your Disco today? (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-i-39/so-what-did-you-do-your-disco-today-48479/)

fishEH 01-29-2013 09:26 AM

Looks like a Bottorf?
Do you have a body lift? You could probably mod the frame mounts to tuck that bumper up a bit.

TomOwen 01-29-2013 12:35 PM

Looks good! I like the inverted USCG strip on the fender.

I recently did an OME 2" on my stock DI and learned about Castor etc.. How does the truck drive differently for you now and did you or plan to do anything to correct the castor issues?

Thanks,

Tom

Sam95disco 01-29-2013 06:57 PM

Yesterday I removed the driver's seat to fix the sag, I used 2 wire hangers.

?, If I remove the driver's side airbag(trying to fix horn issue), what are the chances it will slap the crap out of me?

Horns work with alarm but no beep when push on the wheel.

amsandunn 01-29-2013 08:59 PM

Well I replaced the cruise control steering wheel switch hoping it would fix my system broom her out and nada, all vacuum hoses are good and the brake and clutch switches at least click. Guess it's time to start doing real trouble shooting. If spending money equates to working the. I also have a new rotoflex and three u-joints inbound.

Discolife 01-29-2013 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by amsandunn (Post 374429)
Well I replaced the cruise control steering wheel switch hoping it would fix my system broom her out and nada, all vacuum hoses are good and the brake and clutch switches at least click. Guess it's time to start doing real trouble shooting. If spending money equates to working the. I also have a new rotoflex and three u-joints inbound.

I am in the same position, I vac tested all the connections all are good.

This leaves me to using aux power to power the pump and see if it operates correctly.

In the VSS post our brothers in arms state the vss operates or provides information to the cruise. My VSS tells my ultragauge my speed that fluctuates wildly, this tells me that my cruise module is getting bad nformation......

Keep posting about your cruise control problem. maybe between the two of us we can find answers.

honda50r 01-29-2013 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by Sam95disco (Post 374378)
Yesterday I removed the driver's seat to fix the sag, I used 2 wire hangers.

?, If I remove the driver's side airbag(trying to fix horn issue), what are the chances it will slap the crap out of me?

Horns work with alarm but no beep when push on the wheel.

Not really any chance, just undo the battery before starting. Or, if you really feel like playing it safe undo the battery and let it sit for thirty minutes to de-energize the system. Once the air bag is out it's just plug n' play with the horn harness. You'll need to remove the bottom cover of the steering column to access the plug but it's very straight forward. Just don't break the clips on the harness and "donut," it's very frustrating hearing the "donut" not attached to the steering wheel when you're turning, be careful.

Sam95disco 01-30-2013 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by honda50r (Post 374467)
Not really any chance, just undo the battery before starting. Or, if you really feel like playing it safe undo the battery and let it sit for thirty minutes to de-energize the system. Once the air bag is out it's just plug n' play with the horn harness. You'll need to remove the bottom cover of the steering column to access the plug but it's very straight forward. Just don't break the clips on the harness and "donut," it's very frustrating hearing the "donut" not attached to the steering wheel when you're turning, be careful.

Thanks

Duke Belsky 01-30-2013 10:36 AM

I changed out my leaky PS hoses. The high pressure hose is a pain in the ass.

amsandunn 01-30-2013 05:17 PM

Replaced my headlight washer jets and the back window washer. Now my rear wiper isn't working. Can't win. Tomorrow rebuilding my front propshaft. Wish me luck lol.

amsandunn 01-30-2013 05:19 PM

@discolife. I thought the same thing as I read that article. I have not read out anything yet. I am hoping for a bad ecu though. Nice and easy even if a bit more expensive.