Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   Discovery I (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-i-39/)
-   -   So what did you do to your Disco today? (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-i-39/so-what-did-you-do-your-disco-today-48479/)

fishEH 12-14-2012 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by SSL9000J (Post 363217)
Lookin good! Possibly a dumb question: did you have to disable/remove the hood latch in the cabin to install the hood pins?

People usually install hood pins because the stock cable/latch fails. I guess you could install hood pins in addition to a working cable/latch but I don't see the point. So yes, I would remove the stock latch. However, I kept the spring and secondary catch when I installed my hood pins.

honda50r 12-14-2012 04:53 PM

90% done with my months long project a lot of you know about. I have to find a 22 mm for the crankshaft pulley, a torque wrench to handle 125+ foot pounds, install the radiator, and wait on a new expansion tank from Marty. So close!

I hope it's not my bearings causing all this...

d1eddie 12-15-2012 02:01 PM

went to the farm supply store came back with more then i wanted

so unloading the bags of feed and rice hulls i started to see mice, the first one , then 3 more i was kinda wondering , any idea how to get them out of my dash before they eat my wires, i was going to go find sum loal mud holes but now my rover is parked out side, doors open in hope to get the mice out of the dash...

my uncle had a car that got fried due to nibbling mice on his ecu wires ..

going to take the jeep to the store to get mice traps , such a worthless start of the day..

CUpgt 12-15-2012 02:23 PM

Turn a rat snake or corn snake loose in it!

pkppunk 12-15-2012 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by d1eddie (Post 363497)
so unloading the bags of feed and rice hulls i started to see mice, the first one , then 3 more i was kinda wondering , any idea how to get them out of my dash before they eat my wires, i was going to go find sum loal mud holes but now my rover is parked out side, doors open in hope to get the mice out of the dash...

my uncle had a car that got fried due to nibbling mice on his ecu wires ..

going to take the jeep to the store to get mice traps , such a worthless start of the day..

Moth balls is what I have used in my cars when I store them and never have had a problem

JC Speiser 12-17-2012 06:20 AM

I started spraying carb cleaner around the vacuum lines to check for leaks.

When i ran out i switched to wd-40.

couldn't find any vacuum leaks ( yay for me ) and wound up using 2 large cans of wd-40. First I sprayed the ends of the vacuum lines one at a time...and just couldn't leave the middle dirty! Had to spray the middle.

The I sprayed the electrical connections...and it went from there.

I probably just screwed the pooch didn't I ?

dragonhead 12-21-2012 04:02 AM

Just had all four shocks replaced today and voilą...no more death wobble! My truck drove home at 75 mph, a speed it hasn't seen for over a year now. Thanks to Paul, my mechanic and brother. Now to deal with that whining water pump...

d1eddie 12-21-2012 11:13 PM

got them in the mail

4 Attachment(s)
thanks to the great people at treadwright.com i got my set, and with my luck fedex lost one tire, don't know how u lose a huge chunk of rubber, but all that aside ,they say there sending me out my lost one.

i was surprised, and happy to find that i do not need to trim with my 265/75R16 GUARD DOG M/T (E) 32.2"x10.5", but i will agree with every one that i will need better gearing for up hills on the freeway...

quick 50 mile review

tires are not to loud but do hum on the freeway

tires have great grip for stopping better them my coopers s/t .

ill do a trail review soon with pictures if i can get some one to take pictures..

BD_LR4 12-22-2012 01:07 AM

Installed my new HD Tie Rod, Drag Link and Steering Damper Relocation Kit! Finally time to get some new tires :)

I also had an issue with my light switch - had headlights, but no aux or dash lights. Picked up a used unit at Pick N Pull for $12.99. Installed that and now everything works properly again.

I'll be posting some picks up in the mod sections once I get the new tires installed.

fishEH 12-27-2012 10:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Got myself a daily driver.
Attachment 42029