Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   Discovery I (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-i-39/)
-   -   So what did you do to your Disco today? (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-i-39/so-what-did-you-do-your-disco-today-48479/)

JC Speiser 12-28-2012 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by d1eddie (Post 365008)
thanks to the great people at treadwright.com i got my set, and with my luck fedex lost one tire, don't know how u lose a huge chunk of rubber, but all that aside ,they say there sending me out my lost one.

i was surprised, and happy to find that i do not need to trim with my 265/75R16 GUARD DOG M/T (E) 32.2"x10.5", but i will agree with every one that i will need better gearing for up hills on the freeway...

quick 50 mile review

tires are not to loud but do hum on the freeway

tires have great grip for stopping better them my coopers s/t .

ill do a trail review soon with pictures if i can get some one to take pictures..

Ma I am SO CLOSE to pulling the trigger on 5 of those...

A good price even with shipping...

Looking forward to the reviews!

JC Speiser 12-28-2012 08:31 AM

This morning I put the front up on ramps and slid underneath with a handful of rags. Wiped off the oil pan, tranny pan the the gearbox - and everything else I could reach. I was surprised to find a few drops on the oil pan and surrounding areas...not much elsewhere.

I put sockets on everything I could reach - the bolts on the oil pan got about a quarter of a turn each. Everything else was tight.

I know I know not much to brag on - but everyday it starts and gets me back and forth to work is a great day!

d1eddie 12-29-2012 06:48 PM

just did my tire mount, simple.. broke a few red clips , but decided to leave the backing off, untill i fugure what is going on with my rear hatch lock, its lose, to open it i have to hold the key all the way over to unlock and oepn. the power lock dont engage, but all 4 doors still are working for now...

Scope 12-29-2012 07:08 PM

My rear door is the same way.The lock won't rise high enough without help of the key.
Today I took it for a hour cruise in traffic to test new thermostat.Stayed around 185 most of the time.Me likely!

JC Speiser 12-29-2012 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by d1eddie (Post 366351)
just did my tire mount, simple.. broke a few red clips , but decided to leave the backing off, untill i fugure what is going on with my rear hatch lock, its lose, to open it i have to hold the key all the way over to unlock and oepn. the power lock dont engage, but all 4 doors still are working for now...

My rear door is the same way. So are the other 3 disco's that I have ridden in around here.

I read once about a weak spring in the actuator in the rear door. It was supposed to be common place.

Michael M. Koch 12-30-2012 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by JC Speiser (Post 366364)
My rear door is the same way. So are the other 3 disco's that I have ridden in around here.

Ditto. My rear driver side door lock won't usually come up by itself. Guess it really is a common "feature."

packkratt 12-30-2012 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Michael M. Koch (Post 366432)
Ditto. My rear driver side door lock won't usually come up by itself. Guess it really is a common "feature."

Its usually one of these springs, I have done two so far, when they break the lock wont stay up

Land Rover Discovery Door Lock Repair Spring 5 door set | eBay

Scope 12-30-2012 05:33 PM

Thanks for the link.Today I installed my ultra gauge in the ashtray space.Looks good.

BD_LR4 12-31-2012 01:11 AM

Finally got my tires (Friday actually). I got 255/85r16 BFG MT KM2s and had them mounted on the stock rims. I thought they were going to have to put the spare in the back, but they were actually able to mount it on the stock carrier. It only bumps on the little rubber lip. Door opens fine. I'll post some pics for all to see. I got a chance to wheel for about 2 hours on Saturday - got a chance to finally see all the work for the past 9 months come together.

Bobbybhoy67 12-31-2012 11:03 AM

Can anyone tell me why even with a new battery fitted in the fob , is my 2003 disco not unlocking . The key fob still has red light when you press it . This is my first Landrover