Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   Discovery I (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-i-39/)
-   -   So what did you do to your Disco today? (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-i-39/so-what-did-you-do-your-disco-today-48479/)

honda50r 01-06-2013 06:19 PM

Well, my truck is up and running now.

Duke Belsky 01-07-2013 09:37 AM

New Coolant Temp Sensor, New Plugs, Replaced Leaky Coolant Hoses, New Wires.

Engine running WAY smoother.

Now just need to rebuild driveshaft.

fishEH 01-07-2013 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by honda50r (Post 368129)
Well, my truck is up and running now.

Nice job! What all did you do again?

TomOwen 01-07-2013 07:26 PM

Finally something worth mentioning...

New years day brought TigerDan to lead the effort in a new Valley Gasket to fix a coolant leak (and the long standing oil leak....). While open we swapped in a new valve cover gaskets, Knightsbridge 8mm wires, NGK plugs, water pump and hoses...

Disco is running strong and (currently) no leaks... Thanks again TigerDan for all the help. Next up - OME 2" springs and shocks...

JC Speiser 01-08-2013 06:54 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Thanks to SB I reworked the fuel pump harness, cutting off the connectors and adding spade type connectors ( and inline fuses because of my OCD ) and have the rover back on the road.

AND

put on the new seat covers from Cabelas - $19.00 free shipping each. Not canvas, but pretty close. And a great fit. We shall see how durable they are before I buy the rear seat cover.

Attachment 13585

keoni004 01-08-2013 09:18 PM

Wired up a pair of Hella 4000's to the OEM D1 A-bar that I picked up on the forums. Only pictures I have now are super-grainy, so will take a better set after I adjust the beams. Much brighter than high-beams, but not overwhelming.

Also picked up a Task Force 6-drawer tool chest from Lowes. Holy crap it's amazing, great quality, sturdy, nice and roomy. Out the door for $180. If you need something better than cardboard boxes and small tool boxes go for it. I've had it for a day, so only time will tell with regard to long-term durability.

TomOwen 01-09-2013 11:43 AM

Radio installs?

Originally Posted by JC Speiser (Post 368482)
Thanks to SB I reworked the fuel pump harness, cutting off the connectors and adding spade type connectors ( and inline fuses because of my OCD ) and have the rover back on the road.

AND

put on the new seat covers from Cabelas - $19.00 free shipping each. Not canvas, but pretty close. And a great fit. We shall see how durable they are before I buy the rear seat cover.

Attachment 13585

Hi JC,

the seat covers look good! I also notice the HAM mic on the center console and the coiled cord from above. HAM in the center-console and CB between the visors? I splattered my FT-8800 between visor, center console, under the seat etc... and would love to compare notes. Thanks Tom

fishEH 01-09-2013 12:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Tried replacing the TRE's on a RoverTym SS track rod. It didn't go as I had hoped.
Attachment 41971

honda50r 01-09-2013 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by fishEH (Post 368282)
Nice job! What all did you do again?

Thanks, Brett. Timing chain, oil pump, new pick up tube, replaced radiator, expansion tank.

I realize it's not a lot. But I didn't know how to change the oil in this truck when I first bought...

Plus, I only got a few hours each time I was home to work on it. It drove to Knoxville flawlessly at 55 M.P.H., I'm staying away from the interstate for now. I was definitely pleased.

keoni004 01-09-2013 07:44 PM

I really need to pull out the Canon...

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 41968

Here she is after all the small updates I've done. Definitely needs a bath. Here are the Hella 4000's wired up to an OEM nudge bar that I picked up off the forums somewhere. Sanded down and hit with some primer and ultra-flat paint. The hood hits the edge when it closes, so I may need to adjust it a bit. Still need to adjust the beams better.

And I'm with you, Honda...finally doing my first oil change this weekend, planning to replace oil cooler lines with a braided pair I picked up a month ago. Depending on how much time that takes I may also rattlecan my roof flat black - have the supplies, haven't had the time.