Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Something in front axle just threw in the towel.

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 10:15 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You talking about Aristocrat Motors in KC? I've never been there. I wanted to stop by when I was in town over Christmas and pick up some one-shots, but it was Christmas and I was only in KC for about 30 hrs.

Old 01-30-2011, 11:05 PM
Rock Crawling

The CV kit from AB was $200 for one joint with seals. I wound up ordering two seal kits, a small cooling hose and the white expansion tank from AB, and two CV joints from europartsdirect.

Total cost: $241.51 shipped.

Old 01-31-2011, 07:38 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 84 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by UpChuck
You talking about Aristocrat Motors in KC? I've never been there. I wanted to stop by when I was in town over Christmas and pick up some one-shots, but it was Christmas and I was only in KC for about 30 hrs.
Yep. They are who we use at work for Land Rover and Jaguar parts that can only be sourced from the dealer. I've been wanting to take my ride through their parking lot test track, but have had no other reason to be in KC. Perhaps I should visit some relatives I haven't seen for years.

Old 01-31-2011, 10:29 AM
Rock Crawling

Oh man, that would be a blast. My sister lives just several miles down the highway from there. There would just be the small matter of getting my truck to behave long enough to make the drive from Wichita to KC, around the track then back home again!

Old 01-31-2011, 06:29 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Welcome to the Wonderful World Of Rover Ownership.

Spike, remember, he is in Kansas. It takes two days just to drive across that state from side to side.

Old 01-31-2011, 08:47 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Danny Lee 97 Disco

Spike, remember, he is in Kansas. It takes two days just to drive across that state from side to side.
What takes so long?
I drove from MI to TX in 18 hrs.
MI to Miami in 22 hrs flat.
MI to Austin another time in 15.
So what takes so long to get across KS?
You guys just wimps or what?

Old 01-31-2011, 09:52 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 84 Likes on 73 Posts

It is obvious Spike has never across Kansas. Driving across Kansas: Look to your left- flat. Look to your right- flat. Every now and then, a cornfield. 4 hours later, the landscape hasn't changed. At all.

Chuck, Aristocrat every now and then has a Land Rover get together and off road outing. I don't remember the name of the guy there you need to talk to in order to get on their mailer for such events, as I have been meaning to do so myself for the last year, but Paul Mumma in the parts department can fill you in. Tell him Jeremy from Columbia referred you.

Old 01-31-2011, 10:31 PM
Rock Crawling

Fantastic Jeremy, I'll keep that in mind. You know, I MIGHT see another Disco in Wichita once a week. And that would be an abnormally high frequency. And it's almost always a DII. Last time I went to KC, I was only there for a day, and I saw at least a half dozen Disco's. It's a much more nurturing environment for them up there. There are no terrain features in Wichita, so the Disco's tend to migrate northward.

Spike; though it is not well known to those who do not travel these parts, there are actually quite a few transient time-space anomalies that lurk about the prairie regions of central and Western Kansas. When moving through one of these imperceptible bubbles, one's perception of time can literally slow down or move backwards, seemingly at will. My cousin's neighbor's veterinarian's podiatrist knew a guy who left for Colorado one day, and drove straight west for a week, only stopping for gas and beef jerky. Supposedly when he finally arrived in Denver, his hair had gone all white, his legs had atrophied, and he kept mumbling to himself, "Only a few more miles and I should see a mountain...only a few more miles."

It's called "The Kansas Rectangle."

Read the following article to learn more:

http://www.theonion.com/articles/30-...ous-kans,2444/