Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Stupid rear cargo door pouch...

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 12:05 PM
Winching
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Stupid rear cargo door pouch...

Ok, so who at LR decided to use self tapping screws a 1/4" long through the rear cargo door panel? I put my breaker bar and 27mm socket in there and it fell off. I think I'll be investing in one of these.

http://www.roxtarfab.com/im/REARDOOR...-panel-d2s.jpg

Old 06-23-2011, 12:09 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

That looks like a pricey amount of diamond plating. How much? I've never had mine fully off butt is there no way you could fab something stronger than stock yourself? Without all that diamond plating?

Old 06-23-2011, 12:16 PM
Winching

Originally Posted by turf63
That looks like a pricey amount of diamond plating. How much? I've never had mine fully off butt is there no way you could fab something stronger than stock yourself? Without all that diamond plating?
Yah I'm sure I can do something...biggest problem is with the actual storage pouch, all the tabs where the screws went into are broken. I'm sure I could fab something but the diamond plate is both useful and really cool looking

I was just blown away when I saw the length of screw used to attach the pouch. I think the DP option is around $400 or so.

Old 06-23-2011, 12:20 PM
Recovery Vehicle

I mean if you like the plate that much go for it. But for me $400 in that truck is a lot of things. Depends on what your trucks want/need list is I guess. Haha. They always need something. Couldn't you go with some kind of a toggle bolt if the originals stripped the holes? Then save the $400 for tires or half a bumper or a snorkel or most of a roof rack, or half of a set of lockers?
Don't let me begrudge you your diamond plate. If you want it go for it. But 400$ gets you a lot of fun stuff. Just to play devils advocate.

Old 06-23-2011, 12:25 PM
Winching

I mean if you like the plate that much go for it. But for me $400 in that truck is a lot of things. Depends on what your trucks want/need list is I guess. Haha. They always need something. Couldn't you go with some kind of a toggle bolt if the originals stripped the holes? Then save the $400 for tires or half a bumper or a snorkel or most of a roof rack, or half of a set of lockers?
Don't let me begrudge you your diamond plate. If you want it go for it. But 400$ gets you a lot of fun stuff. Just to play devils advocate.
Yah I know. The last thing this disco needs is ancillary non-issue items. Need to do the front wheel barrings first.

Old 06-23-2011, 12:30 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Haha. Ok. So there you go. In my household I am playing the role of my wife right now. The one who tells me to stop spending money on lights and snorkels and **** that I tell her we'll need when the zombie apocalypse comes. Trust me. I'm I'm the same boat as you. Always wanna burn cash on stuff you WANT for the truck when odds are there's already something it NEEDS. sorry to be reasonable. Usually not my strong suit.

Old 06-23-2011, 12:31 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Haha. Ok. So there you go. In my household I am playing the role of my wife right now. The one who tells me to stop spending money on lights and snorkels and **** that I tell her we'll need when the zombie apocalypse comes. Trust me. I'm I'm the same boat as you. Always wanna burn cash on stuff you WANT for the truck when odds are there's already something it NEEDS. sorry to be reasonable. Usually not my strong suit.
Sorry Turf - but picturing you as "The Wife" just blinded my minds eye....

Old 06-23-2011, 12:33 PM
Winching

Yah I keep telling my wife that we NEED certain items for the zombie apocalypse for when we have to bug out. That usually comes in the form of more ammo. If I had my way, I'd got with the diesel option and no electronics for when the EMP fries all electronics. But that's 12k I don't quite have right now.

Old 06-23-2011, 12:36 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Haha. I'm pretty sure I could pull off a pair of heels quite well. I'm graceful...like a bull elephant.

Old 06-23-2011, 12:40 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Haha. I'm pretty sure I could pull off a pair of heels quite well. I'm graceful...like a bull elephant.
ROTFL LMFAO!!

Sometimes I act like my wife and HIDE the $hi! I bought until I put it on. THEN I can say the same thing she does, "This old thing? I have had it for AGES!"....

Quick Reply: Stupid rear cargo door pouch...