Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

HRC2806 in Disco 1

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2017, 11:00 AM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HRC2806 in Disco 1

Hey guys,

I ordered a used transfer case from someone online and they sent me a tranfer case for a disco 2. HRC2806 97. Is there anyway to get this to work on a 94 Disco 1? Thanks.

Old 11-16-2017, 11:38 AM
TReK
Received 161 Likes on 136 Posts

Not, really.

First, the DII LT230 rear output assembly cannot accommodate a VSS. You'll need to swap the output assembly from your DI into the DII. Hopefully, the problem that caused the need for a new transfer case wasn't in the rear output assembly.

Does the DII LT230 you purchased have the CDL nipple on the front output assembly. If it has the CDL nipple at least you can use the front assembly with your CDL linkage. You will want to swap out the hi/lo cover on the DII for the one on your DI to simplify installation of the linkage. Another thing you'll need to do is swap out the front output flange. The DII flange is too large for the DI front driveshaft.

Now, if the front output assembly in the DII doesn't have the nipple then you're really up a creek. You'll need to use the front output assembly from your DI LT230 so you can still lock the center diff. Hopefully, the problem with your transfer case wasn't in the front OR rear output assemblies because in this case you'll need both.

You'll also want to confirm that the CDL solenoid is present on the DII LT230. Later models were not outfitted with the solenoid and you'll need to address the wiring issues.

Overall, if you can, you'd really be better off returning the DII LT230 and purchasing a late DI LT230Q. Then you wouldn't need to cobble the thing together the way you're going to have to if you stay with the DII LT230.

Old 11-16-2017, 11:40 AM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the help Paul. Ya I might just have to get a different transfercase.