Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

U-Pull MAF

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2014, 07:44 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

awesome, sorry realized i forgot to let ya know it shipped .... anyways enjoy your toy

Old 10-19-2014, 08:14 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 399 Likes on 383 Posts

I like surprises. Many of mine are self-made.....

I happened to be here when it arrived, made my pneumonia magically get better.....

What a difference, I was just getting used to driving an automatic with two feet. I've done it in the past. I'm driving this thing right into the ground or until I expire. It's been my daily for six years. Never have missed a day of work because of it being a Rover. I've driven it twice with blown head gaskets, thankfully they where on cylinder 5 and 6, no coolant. I just disable that cylinders injector and drive it until my parts arrived. Some give up too easy, Shiftonthefly comes to mind...... Rover's have always had a reputation for getting you to remote places, breaking down and you fixing them to get back out. The Disco is no different. They're very easy to figure out once you take things apart on em.

Old 10-19-2014, 11:06 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default MAF OBD values

Originally Posted by nuclearw
operates same as mine did (thought maf was bad after obd reader reporting goofy #s... just confirmed its working "as intended" by our wacko rover engineers lol) ill snap a pic of it in the am
Were the OBD #s something like .06 to .65 grams per second? That's what I see on my 98 SE and it screws up the Ultra gage Miles per Gallon and Distance to Empty calculations big time.

Old 10-19-2014, 01:56 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by philwarner
Were the OBD #s something like .06 to .65 grams per second? That's what I see on my 98 SE and it screws up the Ultra gage Miles per Gallon and Distance to Empty calculations big time.
Yes, there have been a few threads about this as of late... Our trucks do not report the data per the OBD standard... Not much we can do about it till someone with direct knowledge of the rover ECU and how it calculates airflow reports in..

what you're seeing is about right for what is expected from our vehicles

Old 10-19-2014, 01:57 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by ihscouts
I like surprises. Many of mine are self-made.....

I happened to be here when it arrived, made my pneumonia magically get better.....

What a difference, I was just getting used to driving an automatic with two feet. I've done it in the past. I'm driving this thing right into the ground or until I expire. It's been my daily for six years. Never have missed a day of work because of it being a Rover. I've driven it twice with blown head gaskets, thankfully they where on cylinder 5 and 6, no coolant. I just disable that cylinders injector and drive it until my parts arrived. Some give up too easy, Shiftonthefly comes to mind...... Rover's have always had a reputation for getting you to remote places, breaking down and you fixing them to get back out. The Disco is no different. They're very easy to figure out once you take things apart on em.
Yeah, I love the truck.. needs more work but i've done quite a bit on it as well, my to-do list is fairly long, just waiting on funding heh..

Hope you get better soon

Old 10-19-2014, 04:00 PM
Camel Trophy

In the head I'm good, physically I was just cleared to return to work. Back to the slave pit.

Funding, ah yes. Well I just may have made a few coins and could use some new skins. Treadwrights are in my future. It's all in the Kedge. ArmyRover has em on his 110 and he said they're awesome in the winter. I need something short of studs (MI doesn't allow) to keep me pointed forward because they don't plow or salt like urban areas. I'm lucky if the roads are even clean by the time I head out the door in the deep freeze. That's about $400 - 475 depending which tread pattern I choose and shipping. Install and balance about another $60 (helps to know folks in town with shops and Rovers). What I haven't decided yet is whether to can the mags for steel. My aluminum wheels are ready for some work, beads loosing air. If I get em off before the snow flies I'll sand them, polish and clear coat em.

Old 10-19-2014, 07:13 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,481 Likes on 1,209 Posts

You rang?

They are solid in the winter crap around here. Wish they sold them in a 18" size that would fit the DII without going to a 33.

Old 10-19-2014, 07:35 PM
Camel Trophy

LOL!!! I did at that bud. I think we're reading each other's threads around here, not much going on!

Old 10-19-2014, 07:36 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,481 Likes on 1,209 Posts

yeah been a bit quite today

Old 10-19-2014, 07:39 PM
Camel Trophy

Hey everyone I want you to meet the New and Improved ArmyRover, he has a DII!!!! We've been poke'n each other in the eye for oh about six years on these here forums and Bill always chose the "other" truck. Not anymore, he's one of us on the low low now.

Quick Reply: U-Pull MAF