Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Venting, and thinking outloud.

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 07:13 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Spencerfitch
It's just a machine right?
Yes, its just a machine.

Keep in mind my "Disco on a Budget" threads and tips, you do not have to go broke fixing/maintaining your truck.

Old 10-27-2010, 08:04 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I think it is more a function of how it was/is treated rather than what brand it is.

If it is properly cared for, it should give you good service if you treat it right, if you bought one with an unknown history, it more likely than not came with multiple problems or the seller probably would not have gotten rid of it.

Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you get into something you wish you had avoided. There are plenty of stories of each.

Old 10-27-2010, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Spike555
Yes, its just a machine.

Keep in mind my "Disco on a Budget" threads and tips, you do not have to go broke fixing/maintaining your truck.

Spike,

I was unaware of the thread you refer to.

Old 10-27-2010, 09:33 PM
Team Owner

I make those threads from time to time Danny, they range from adding accessories to maintenance and repairs.

Cruise control fix, $4.
Sand ladder mounts, $6.
Hi-Lift mount, $6.
Both diffs and t-case service, $35.

Things like that.
Contrary popular belief you do not have to spend your whole paycheck to change the oil or the mortgage payment to repair your truck.

Old 10-27-2010, 09:36 PM

Spike, where do I find them? They all look like worthwile things that I could do a few of. I definitely believe in Rover on a Budget. That's what I have been doing the last three years with mine.

Old 10-27-2010, 09:44 PM
Team Owner

I have not made them specifically for the forum or to be saved or whatever.
When I figure out a cheaper way to do something I post it, so if you want to see what I have done so far you will just have to do a search for them.
They are nothing to special, I get flak for some of them but I dont care, I work with what I've got.

Old 10-27-2010, 09:49 PM

Dance with what brung you, is one of my favorite folk sayings. Sam Snead used that one a lot.

Maybe you need to make some stickies or something.

Old 10-27-2010, 10:17 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Im pretty much back in love with my disco. Maybe I need a psychiatrist. And while looking for cars for a friend. I found myself lusting after a LR3.

I now I know I have problems.. Im asking for trouble.

Old 10-27-2010, 10:24 PM

Go test drive all the new hot little ones that just came out, act like you want to buy one and just take it out and run the hell out of it then take it back and tell them it's just not right for you, unless you find something you really enjoy, at least you'll have fun running them hard.

When I was in college in Atlanta area, I used to go to the Dodge places and test drive Ramchargers. I would run them hard as hell on the power line right of ways near our apartment complex, get them all muddy and then take it back and refuse it cause it did not make it all the way up the hill. Lots of fun!!!

Then I moved to Denver and bought a Ramcharger with a big block and Mickey Thompsom 36's on it from my new boss. It was a badass machine with that big block.

Old 10-27-2010, 11:59 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I test drove a Skittle (Dodge Neon SRT-4) a couple years back, and ran the **** out of it on the freeway with one of the car salesmen in the backseat. When we got back to the dealership, the paperwork was all laid out on a desk for me to sign. I tossed the guy the keys and told him the car was too uncomfortable and walked out.

Quick Reply: Venting, and thinking outloud.