Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

What's My Rover Worth?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 08:17 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's My Rover Worth?

I know, I know - whatever someone will pay for it...

It is with a sad heart that I am even considering selling this Rover. IF I decide to sell it, it would only be to someone who knows and appreciates what they are getting and who has the intention to make it into the beauty that she can be.

I believe this baby is special for a few reasons:

1) It is a 95 Disco 1 - last year of the distributor if I'm not mistaken
2) It is a 5 speed - sticks are hard to come by (to my knowledge)
3) The heads were completely done less than 20,000 miles ago, I have
pics to prove it. The belt was replaced then also.
4) She drives straight
5) I have replaced the cap, rotor, plugs wires (they are the cheap ones,
sorry)
6) I have replaced the Distributor
7) New Alternator
8) I just did the rear brakes, and the front look brand new.

She needs a little love - Cosmetically in pretty good shape. The seats are cracked, like most leather seats of this age. It needs small things like rear seat bet clips and a new exhaust pipe. It has expired Washington tags. The front bumper is a bit crooked, and some idiot (no, not me) pulled the dash, and it's not lined up quite right. Looks like they glued parts back in. I think it might have been in a small wreck, but the body is straight, so I'm not sure. There is no record of a wreck anywhere. Also - the heater fan switch is sensitive, and not all positions work all the time. A/C compressor comes on, but no cold air, and the lines won't hold a charge..but the important thing is, the AC kicks in. It leaks Power Steering Fluid like crazy, and leaks oil (but not like crazy). There are a lot of little things to do, but will be a beauty for someone who has the time, money and energy to put into it.

Not that it matters, but it has a sub in it, and it kicks!

The most important thing is, it runs great. This thing purrs.

It has a nice safari rack on it also.

I am not sure I want to sell it. I have so many great plans for it. I intend for it to be my camping / mudding / take to the beach, road tripping vehicle, but money is tight, and I don't have time to for a project. It is sitting in my garage, because I drive a Jetta TDI by day.

If I were to let it go, what do you think it I could get for it?

Please don't quote me the blue book on it.. that's just an insult. LOL

Attached Thumbnails What's My Rover Worth?-rover.jpg   What's My Rover Worth?-rover2.jpg   What's My Rover Worth?-rover3.jpg  
Old 06-10-2013, 08:26 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I may have read over it, but I didn't see how many miles are on the truck. That's not a real safari rack, appears to be a Brownchurch. Depending on mileage and how bad that dash you're talking about is, I'd give $1,500 for it if it has less than 150,000 miles on it. Plus, I bet your rig has a large amount of rust being where you're located. No more than $2,000; these trucks simply don't have any resell value

We don't drive these trucks for value, we drive them because we love them. They have personality