Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Wheelin! (pic heavy)

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 07:41 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CUpgt
Ill probably get some longer shocks and work on fabbing some rear links and try to gain more wheel travel. That was my biggest weakness. I also have an itch to break out the angle grinder and cut the rear fender off at the bump strip and never worry about rubbing again
Yea that would be the way to go. Let me know if you have any questions on setting up suspension.

This is my truck with 32's MT's ranchos, RTE rear links, and terrafirma radius arms, cones front and rear..

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...49851009_n.jpg

FishEH pretty much copied it you can ask him how it works

Old 07-16-2012, 07:49 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 226 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by Jake1996D1
Yea that would be the way to go. Let me know if you have any questions on setting up suspension.

This is my truck with 32's MT's ranchos, RTE rear links, and terrafirma radius arms, cones front and rear..

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...49851009_n.jpg

FishEH pretty much copied it you can ask him how it works
It works!
Name:  utf-8BSU1BRzEwODkuanBn.jpg
Views: 454
Size:  128.5 KB

Old 07-16-2012, 07:56 PM
Pro Wrench

I'm pretty much gonna copy both of you. Might go a little longer on the rear shocks bc I have some raised shock mounts. What you guys think about the rockware arms?

Old 07-16-2012, 08:11 PM
Camel Trophy

I'm pretty much gonna copy both of you. Might go a little longer on the rear shocks bc I have some raised shock mounts. What you guys think about the rockware arms?
Haha! I was thinking the same thing because I just snagged some RTE raised rear upper mounts. Was it you that mentioned you got Rancho's really cheap?
All in all I'm not that impressed with the Rock Ware stuff. A lot of the HD stufff is just sleeved stock stuff. Still stronger than stock but if you're going to spend the money....you know.
I have the RoverTracks arms and like them a lot. I found an old bit on Dweb comparing RockWare to Rover Tracks arms.
1. Rover Tracks trailing arms are made of 100% new material where some of the other trailing arms use the stock Rover trailing arm and add some DOM tube.

2. The shape of the Rover Tracks trailing arm gives it more clearance and raises them up compared to straight trailing arms, I believe that the shape of the rover tracks arms help to correct the pinion angle of a lifted rover.

Old 07-16-2012, 08:22 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Rockware arms are too short for a 3" lift unless you're going to run a double cardan rear shaft. Like Brett said they are just cranked arms sleeved with DOM.

What rear mounts do you have?

I got mine from Denny at HLC, the bolt touches the floors sorry pic is sideways.. Shocks are 12" travel fox remote res 31.10" Extended 19.15 compressed.

And this how much up travel I have on a 4" lift. You can see the 4 1/2" poly bump stops as well

I have an a-arm extension and a double cardan rear shaft coming for the rear for when I put in the 5" springs. I am going to do air bump stops and cans once I put those springs in. I have RTE arms extended like 1 1/4" with the spacers they include.

This isnt the set up in the pics this is set up version 2

Old 07-16-2012, 08:23 PM
Pro Wrench

Yeah. I work for tenneco so Monroe, Rancho, walker, dynomax, and thrush is half off. Need a good deal on arms and the rear will be set

Old 07-16-2012, 08:26 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Yeah. I work for tenneco so Monroe, Rancho, walker, dynomax, and thrush is half off. Need a good deal on arms and the rear will be set
Just wait until a set of RTE arms come up. RTE are the only aftermarket land rover arms I would run. I would just do longer johnny joint rears and mount them high on the frame.

Remember longer arms = more wheel travel

Old 07-16-2012, 09:19 PM
Camel Trophy

Soooo let me know if you feel like hooking a brother up.

Jake, I'm interested in your Poly bumps when you upgrade.

Old 07-16-2012, 09:20 PM
Pro Wrench

So are you saying RTE or some nice long custom dom links with Johnny joints? I'm leaning towards building a set...or at least enlisting my buddies skills in building a set

Old 07-16-2012, 09:29 PM
Recovery Vehicle

So are you saying RTE or some nice long custom dom links with Johnny joints? I'm leaning towards building a set...or at least enlisting my buddies skills in building a set
The easiest way is to use the existing frame horns and build a bracket like this

I had another picture of one but I cant seem to find it now. I plan on making a pair for my truck eventually. It's on my list... after installing springs, drive shaft, a-arm extension, 1.4 t-case rebuild, 4.6+ build this winter...... you know how it is

Quick Reply: Wheelin! (pic heavy)