Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Will these seats fit my Disco?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 07:12 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Will these seats fit my Disco?

Wondering around in the junk yard today and stumbled upon a Disco 1 LSE (not sure of year) with some nice seats. The seats are like none I've seen before in a D1 they are light tan with darker piping like the D2 seats. The one they are in is a 5 passenger if that makes a difference. Two questions: are these factory D1 seats? If they are in fact D2 seats will they bolt right in our 98 D1? I really like them but want to be 100 percent they will work before shelling out the clams.

Old 10-06-2011, 07:22 PM
Super Moderator
Received 83 Likes on 80 Posts

Nope, D2 seats don't just bolt in, and even as thrifty as I am, I took the great looking ones I found back, just was to much remodeling required. Did find that I could install D1 passenger seats on driver's side, bolts right up, all connectors work, lumbar **** clear door frame

Old 10-06-2011, 07:51 PM
TReK
Received 163 Likes on 137 Posts

Those seats were finished in Lightstone. That's the cream color and the piping is Bahama Beige. Those seat will fit any other DI from 1996-1999. They will not fit, without significant alteration, 1994-1995 DI's.

DII seats are entirely different from the mounts and rails to the electronics. I've yet to hear of a successful installation of DII seats in a DI.

Old 10-06-2011, 08:11 PM
Rock Crawling

Ok cool they must just be D1 seats I've never seen. Everything I've found until today has been the camel colored perforated leather. One more quick question, are the 4 bolts on the tracks all that holds them in or do
I need to go lower into the little cubby hole thing?

Old 10-06-2011, 08:17 PM
Super Moderator

The four are it. And seat belt tie down. If you can, snag the electric seat switches as well, they are a PITA to repair.

Old 10-06-2011, 08:59 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If you can, snag the electric seat switches as well, they are a PITA to repair.

They are also expensive to buy new. If you can I need one set of the little plastic switch covers for the electric seat and the backer plate for the window switches with the seven holes (4 window, 2 seater heater and isolation sw.).

Paul, do you have any of those laying around? If so, price?

Old 10-06-2011, 09:19 PM
Rock Crawling

I grabbed the seat switches today and was considering the seats but didnt know for sure if they would fit. Going back tomorrow to grab the seats so hopefully they dont walk by then. Thought of something though, is there a way to move the seat without it having power? The junkyard pulls all of the batteries out so getting the seats out may be tricky. I'm gonna bring my jump box and try to get power to them but if that fails am I SOL or is there another way to go about it?

Old 10-06-2011, 09:25 PM
Super Moderator

You might need a wobble socket for your socket wrench, and if powering it up does not work, you could cut into the wiring harness. Another method is to remove the drive cable from the end of the seat motor, and spin that with a battery drill. It's like an old skool speedometer cable.

Don't want fuel pump or something else like air bags to start up with you, so be careful with the jump box. Probably lots of other fine things to be had, like a working alternator, various modules, etc.

Old 10-06-2011, 09:32 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by Savannah Buzz
You might need a wobble socket for your socket wrench, and if powering it up does not work, you could cut into the wiring harness. Another method is to remove the drive cable from the end of the seat motor, and spin that with a battery drill. It's like an old skool speedometer cable.

Don't want fuel pump or something else like air bags to start up with you, so be careful with the jump box. Probably lots of other fine things to be had, like a working alternator, various modules, etc.
Cool I'll bring some random tools so hopefully I can get it going. If all else fails I'll cut it out below the tracks and worry about it later. If I had more cash and storage space I'd stock up on parts like crazy. The place I go has a ton of Rovers and nobody picks parts off of them. Folks will grab a light here and there or maybe some switches but most of them are complete except for what I have grabbed.

Old 10-06-2011, 11:15 PM
Super Moderator

Name names - sure must be more forum members around there and Friday's payday....

Quick Reply: Will these seats fit my Disco?