Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Wonder whatever happened to ........?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 07:34 PM
Baja
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Wonder whatever happened to ........?

Guys,

L was just wondering whatever happened to some of those "one-time-wonders" that we hear from every now and then that were experiencing some unusual problem, bombard us with partial information and multiple questions, then NEVER EVER write back in to let us know what happened.

Like the one guy who kept having explosions thru his intake time after time after time. He was replacing gaskets and kept having the same problem occur. "The external combustion engine guy." I was really hoping to find out what happened in his case.

Old 03-10-2011, 07:41 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

my guess is he drives something without the LR badge on the front of it! I would imagine for many people that it wouldn't take too long to realize they should not own a land rover (I am of course speaking about those people that actually SHOULD NOT own a rover!) but who knows, even I am very close to leaving the LR world......

Old 03-10-2011, 07:46 PM
Winching
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Rover Chris
my guess is he drives something without the LR badge on the front of it! I would imagine for many people that it wouldn't take too long to realize they should not own a land rover (I am of course speaking about those people that actually SHOULD NOT own a rover!) but who knows, even I am very close to leaving the LR world......
But that would be a huge waste of 1,156 posts!!

Gas prices getting you down or what?

Old 03-10-2011, 09:10 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

This has been a long time problem with thread starters.
I have been saying for a long time that people need to report back what the solution was.

Old 03-11-2011, 12:29 AM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some people uses forums just to get info as to what they need at the moment....as soon as they get it....not a thank you nor a goodbye! : (

Old 03-11-2011, 07:00 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Cosmic88
But that would be a huge waste of 1,156 posts!!

Gas prices getting you down or what?

just can't keep up with it, I bought the truck a few years back and have put so much time and money into it, and although I really do love her, I have never had to invest this much time and money into other vehicles I have owned. I don't get her off road anymore so as a DD she has just become too much of a financial burden on the family and a physical burden on me (I have started working full time and since starting the job I have spent all my weekends working on her, sad part is I haven't been driving her). It is just time to move on to something that won't require as much maintenance and gas.

Old 03-11-2011, 09:26 AM
Winching
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I feel your pain rover Chris. Once mine is running again it will be time for her to go sadly. I have far to many other things that I need to spend money on and I need a truck for towing stock trailers and horse trailers. Sadly my wife says I can't have a jeep, disco, and a truck so I have to pick two. Guess the red headed step child of the group will have to go up for adoption. Sad sad day.

Old 03-11-2011, 10:06 AM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Worry not, I will not give up on my Disco! I got it knowing that they require lots of love. Although now, I too, would like to know what happened to the external combustion engine???

Old 03-11-2011, 11:39 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Rover Chris
just can't keep up with it, I bought the truck a few years back and have put so much time and money into it, and although I really do love her, I have never had to invest this much time and money into other vehicles I have owned. I don't get her off road anymore so as a DD she has just become too much of a financial burden on the family and a physical burden on me (I have started working full time and since starting the job I have spent all my weekends working on her, sad part is I haven't been driving her). It is just time to move on to something that won't require as much maintenance and gas.
you should get a pretty penny for it. you have taken great care of it.

Old 03-11-2011, 12:00 PM
TReK
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I've been a one hit wonder on other forums before. Usually it is to get needed infor on a specific vehicle problem. Most of the time, you can find the answers you need by doing a forum search without joining a forum. But some people don't have the common sence to do that.

Quick Reply: Wonder whatever happened to ........?