Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Worth $600?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 10:15 PM
Super Moderator
Received 97 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by antichrist
'95 Disco's have airbags.
Does your 95 have a passenger side airbag too? I almost bought a D1 for parts once and I could have sworn that it didn't have an airbag, and I think it even had a handle where the passenger side would be on my 96. Maybe it was a 94 I was looking at?

Old 04-06-2011, 07:54 AM
Winching
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Spike, what are your thinking? you need to head back over with cash right now. This is a jump on it now situation, and if you miss it, well, you will miss it... Tell the guy you could use some parts off the truck to fix your current one or something but get it over to your house. Once he starts fixing it, you'll never touch it for 600.... I'd give him 1000 for it as it sits... and I'm sure someone else will see it there and do the same.

Old 04-06-2011, 06:43 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Point taken ngarover, but here is how I operate...if its meant to be it will be.
Drove past it today and it has not moved, I dont think he can get the tire off to change it.
If you look at the rear tire its shredded, he put all new rubber on it and must have ran over a nail or something.
If I look to eager to get the truck then that jacks up the price.
If I wait long enough and he gets frustrated with it he may give it away.
These things are a HUGE PIA if you dont know what you are doing or where to get parts for cheap.

Old 04-06-2011, 09:21 PM
Baja
Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by jafir
Does your 95 have a passenger side airbag too? I almost bought a D1 for parts once and I could have sworn that it didn't have an airbag, and I think it even had a handle where the passenger side would be on my 96. Maybe it was a 94 I was looking at?
Yes, it does. It could be that someone removed the airbag and installed a handle. They are off-the-shelf parts.

Originally Posted by Spike555
Point taken ngarover, but here is how I operate...if its meant to be it will be.
Drove past it today and it has not moved
Ah! I miss-read, I thought you'd bought it.
I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Go back with 6 crips $100 bills, I bet he'll sell it to you on the spot.

Last edited by antichrist; 04-06-2011 at 09:25 PM.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:09 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will pay you 60 bucks for the bottom plastic covers on the driver and passenger seats. If they are in good condition!

Old 04-07-2011, 07:44 AM
Winching
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Spike555
Drove past it today and it has not moved, I dont think he can get the tire off to change it.
If you look at the rear tire its shredded, he put all new rubber on it and must have ran over a nail or something.
If I look to eager to get the truck then that jacks up the price.
If I wait long enough and he gets frustrated with it he may give it away.
These things are a HUGE PIA if you dont know what you are doing or where to get parts for cheap.
I work the same way. But if you have the cash to go and get it then do so. You don't have to go ***** nilly and seem to eager. The guy knows you have one, go over like your in need of some parts, frustrated with yours, they all totally suck and your about to just toss the damn thing in the fire when you saw this one and thought hey, there might some of the parts I could use etc.... (like your only interested in it cause it's a pile, but might be a good donor to help you out fixing yours)

Start talking about the pita gems system, lucus, the nightmare with the testbook dependance etc (I know its a 95 and not subject to these, but sounds good and will start making him think it would be good to get rid of)

Have fun and go get it. Then, give me the bumper....

Old 04-07-2011, 09:25 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by antichrist
Go back with 6 crips $100 bills, I bet he'll sell it to you on the spot.
Geez Tom - remind me not to **** YOU off! Instead of just paying "retail" Your gonna head back with 6 gangbangers and a Benjamin?

May be just me, but I would be willing to pay $600 all day long.

Old 04-07-2011, 10:36 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by groundandpound
Geez Tom - remind me not to **** YOU off! Instead of just paying "retail" Your gonna head back with 6 gangbangers and a Benjamin?

May be just me, but I would be willing to pay $600 all day long.
tom rolls deep when he buys trucks

Old 04-07-2011, 02:15 PM
Baja
Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

Oops.
Took me a minute to quit laughing before I could reply. I totally missed that.
LMAO

Old 04-07-2011, 07:23 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

I'm going back on Sat with cash in hand and see what he says.
I know all to well what PIA's these trucks can be and I know how to "sell" the hassle and headache.
If it has manual windows I might want to keep it though.

Quick Reply: Worth $600?