Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"A Day in the Clay"

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 06:33 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "A Day in the Clay"

We went our our first Land Rover dealer sponsored adventure today, "A Day in the Clay". I have to say it was quite exciting at times. We've never taken our 03 Disco II off road before and we were not sure how she would handle. We went through five or six different challenges and we're advised to keep the vehicle in low range for the course. The first was a straight up hill. At the base we just gased it straight up, I talking about vertical. It was unreal!
The second challenge was crossing a small creek and then up a slight hill. After the first hill this was nothing.
The third was what I'll call the drive on two wheels maneuver. We drove sidewways onto one hill on the right and then moved to a hill on the left. When we moved from one side to the other either your front right was off the ground or your left rear. Pretty cool stuff to watch and drive.
Fourth was another creek crossing. Fifth is where we got muddy. A long stretch of rutted muddy pathway. The six was one more pass through the rutts. A truck got stuck in front of us and it was fun watching them pull it out.

I'm very impressed with the performance of our vehicle. Not once was I worried nor did the vehicle hesitate in any situation. We drove right through where the previous vehicle had gotten stuck with no problems at all.

[IMG]local://upfiles/5117/0925D24C1BAD4DD18CB0E0DD6017FBA5.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-06-2007, 12:44 PM
Mudding
Default RE: "A Day in the Clay"

That is amazing!!

I would really love to do that as well!!

Are all dealerships required to have those events??

Old 08-06-2007, 01:30 PM
Three Wheeling
Default RE: "A Day in the Clay"

ORIGINAL: johnnybob06

That is amazing!!

I would really love to do that as well!!

Are all dealerships required to have those events??
I'm not sure if all dealerships offer the event but it would be worth a call to find out. It was really comforting knowing there were other vehicles there for support.