Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

0150 and 0174 codes

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 09:25 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Default 0150 and 0174 codes

Im getting both codes and read that its usually the MAF sensor. Should I replace the MAF or o2?

Old 06-26-2012, 09:47 AM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

A 150 is a failed 02 causing your 174.
Just replace at least your 2 front 02's and leave the MAF alone and you will be fine.

Old 06-26-2012, 02:31 PM
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I would say to
1: start with checking you air filter replace if dirty
2: get a can of crc mass air flow sensor cleaner and clean the wires in side.
this product does well with this sensitive mass air Flow sensor spray it then let it sit for a few to dry.
3: check your connectors at both front sensors and clean them re- connect
4: if you do not have a code reader/scanner disconnect your negative battery cable for a five minutes and let computer reset. Re-connect and then start truck all lights should be off now and you can drive around for a bit and see what she does if that does not work you can change the o2 sensors that are up-stream of the cats

Also how miles are on your truck?

Last edited by kc disco guy; 06-26-2012 at 02:35 PM.
Old 06-26-2012, 03:06 PM
Administrator

None of which will fix a dead 02 sensor.
Do not make suggestions like clearing codes based on disconnecting battery cables, it doesn't correct a hard fault and it can cause a loss of the adaptive memory of some ECUs.

Old 06-26-2012, 04:45 PM
Banned

Ok really, I don't mean to burst you bubble but code p0150 done not say with 100% fact that its a dead Oxygen sensor..... It possible however this isn't always the case. If your o2 sensors haven't been replaced and they are old, (reason I asked how many miles)it's a good bet that the sensor is the problem. But, It could be caused by any of the following: Water or corrosion in the connector Loose terminals in the connector Wiring burnt on exhaust components Open or short in the wiring due to rubbing on engine components Holes in exhaust allowing unmetered oxygen into exhaust system Unmetered vacuum leak at the engine Bad o2 sensor Bad PCM. So with that being said I have never had a issue disconnecting my battery on any of my trucks. As far as advising him to check his air filter so that his mass air Flow is getting the proper amount of air and cleaning his maf would not hurt anything either.

Please explain why you would start throwing new parts at a vehicle before checking and cleaning all possible components that could interfere with the computer throwing this code?

Why would you suggest he dig into his pockets and buy parts before he does a little research? I also asked him how many miles were on his truck.

Old 06-26-2012, 04:55 PM
Banned

Mike my suggestions are mine and yours are yours "i don't think that you have any right to tell me what i can and can not say or suggest to anyone" if you don't like it that's fine with me pal, make your suggestion and let the person decide how he would like to approach his problem. There will always be your way and my way and that's why we all are entitled to have a our own opinion........

Old 06-27-2012, 07:40 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Default stuff

Thanks for yalls help.

Old 06-27-2012, 08:18 AM
Administrator

Well, like you say, we have our own versions of the 150 code. All code charts state a total malfunction and when you have been around them as long as many of us have you will learn not to second guess what a code means.

Old 06-27-2012, 12:21 PM
Banned

Do a search for "NPA disorder" It's a testable neurological condition called Narcissism, Perfectionism, your killing some of us with your comments and criticism. It's really unneeded and unappreciated when you act like we are less than or below you..... Do I know everything about anything, absolutely not but I am very educated and still have the common sense to know when to admit I'm wrong or when something is past my level of experience. Just saying for all of us "lay off Mike"

Old 06-27-2012, 12:25 PM
Banned

Me 2, your are very welcome and I hope threw all this crap you can figure out your issue your having! Also you never let us know the milage of your rover? P0150 is a error coder for the circuit I have seen this code often here in the midwest, I have seen the o2 sensor be changed and it fix the code for a short time and then it appears again. This can be caused by loose valve cover bolts should be righted to 6 lbs torque, dirty or damp connectors, dirty mass air flow sensor, your truck running to rich, vac leak failed o2 sensor but I recommend you check all other possibilities before changing the o2 at the end of the day something is causing this error code and if you don't find and fix the cause you could replace the same o2 sensor over and over.

Last edited by kc disco guy; 06-27-2012 at 01:14 PM.

Quick Reply: 0150 and 0174 codes