Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

04 Nav/Stereo Trouble

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2012, 06:39 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When the unit is in the single CD mode and playing does "CDC" show in the bottom right of the screen.

Not showing anything when the changer is loading IS normal with the Sat-Nav HU.

Also the CD changers are not the same between vehicles W / WO Sat-Nav. I can't remember if a non Nav changer in a Nav vehicle won't play or plays with a lot of static. I'll verify this AM and let you know the definite on that.

Last edited by tee51397; 06-30-2012 at 06:42 AM.
Old 06-30-2012, 06:46 AM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by tee51397
When the unit is in the single CD mode does "CDC" show in the bottom right of the screen.
Yes it does Tee. When you press it it changes to SCD, the tunes stop, and the screen shows CD -- Track - . Like it can't read the changer or something.

Bought it about 6 mths ago, and it was like that from the start.

Old 06-30-2012, 06:57 AM
Rock Crawling

OK, so just to clarify: If when in SCD mode and you either push the button with CDC above it or cycle past Single CD with the steering wheel controls - basically when in CD Changer mode the usual track displays but nothing else happens?

What is the part number on the back of the Changer?

Also, I saw in your HU replacement post that you had questions regarding compatibility with the rear seat controls. Are yours working now? I ask because the HSE7s didn't come with the rear seat controls because the Sat-Nav unit does not have the dual source capability of the normal Land Rover specific head units. (Sat Nav unit is rebadged Becker Traffic-Pro, basically an aftermarket deck from the factory).

Last edited by tee51397; 06-30-2012 at 07:09 AM.
Old 06-30-2012, 07:53 AM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by tee51397
OK, so just to clarify: If when in SCD mode and you either push the button with CDC above it or cycle past Single CD with the steering wheel controls - basically when in CD Changer mode the usual track displays but nothing else happens?

What is the part number on the back of the Changer?

Also, I saw in your HU replacement post that you had questions regarding compatibility with the rear seat controls. Are yours working now? I ask because the HSE7s didn't come with the rear seat controls because the Sat-Nav unit does not have the dual source capability of the normal Land Rover specific head units. (Sat Nav unit is rebadged Becker Traffic-Pro, basically an aftermarket deck from the factory).
Ya, it should say CD 1 or whatever # but it just shows a - ( dash mark). I just tried both changers in my parts truck and they both played so the changers should be fine.

No Tee, the rear seat controls do not work. I added the controls from my parts truck because the wiring harness was there but they didn't work. I would like to have them for my kids but not the end of the world.

Thanks alot for trying to help.

Old 06-30-2012, 08:37 AM
Rock Crawling

If you have a Nav CD try killing the power and then putting it in, it should re-load the software.

I did swap cd changers and I couldn't get it to recognize a non-nav cd changer.

Oddly, when I plugged the correct changer back in I had a terrible time getting it to recognize it. It kept saying no cd. Tried several different things and finally what worked was re-inserting a magazine and hitting the volume button on the steering wheel. Since the wheel controls are tapped into the CD changer comm circuit I assume it woke things up so to speak and it then saw the cd changer.

Anyway, sorry we didn't get it sorted for you. Mine's always been buggy as hell too so you're not alone. Generally a reboot or software re-load works. Sometimes I loose sound entirely and the only thing that works is hitting it. I spent the better part of day with a multimeter checking wiring trying to find the source of the problem. Then my wife came home and jokingly asked "did you tap on it?" I said not yet and smacked the HU and no joke it instantly started working again so there's a sticking relay inside it somewhere.

Old 06-30-2012, 09:02 AM
Rock Crawling

There was a nav cd in the console when I bought the truck but it's cracked, so no go there.

Anyway thanks again.