Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   Discovery II (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-ii-18/)
-   -   100,000 miles :D (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-ii-18/100-000-miles-d-33786/)

devildog01 09-01-2010 07:11 PM

I just turned 17600 on my 01.You got plenty of life left.

bosshogt 09-01-2010 08:17 PM

GUYS!,
Maybe I didn't make myself clear. I have done all the 60k maintenance completed at 63k. There is no need to repeat all that again at 90k. Right?
  • Only ATF fluid change
  • Maybe TC and Diff fluid change
  • Coolant was flushed/filled this summer too
  • I have new E3 plugs within 6k
Again BamaBoy Congrats on the 100,000 mark. Is that the original engine?

'BamaBoy 09-01-2010 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by bosshogt (Post 195961)
GUYS!,
Maybe I didn't make myself clear. I have done all the 60k maintenance completed at 63k. There is no need to repeat all that again at 90k. Right?
  • Only ATF fluid change
  • Maybe TC and Diff fluid change
  • Coolant was flushed/filled this summer too
  • I have new E3 plugs within 6k
Again BamaBoy Congrats on the 100,000 mark. Is that the original engine?

No, you don't need to repeat the 60k service at 90k. I would have to take out a loan if I had to do all that again lol. There is a maintinence sheet included with the rave if i'm not mistaken, I follow that pretty closely.

Thanks for the congrats!
Nope, 3rd engine actually. The previous owner wanted a new vehicle, so she purposly drove it without coolant down the highway until it died. Eventually the heads locked right up and the timing chain gears sheared right off. My shop found the piston rings in the oil pan when they tore it apart.
Second engine was installed, and after being put together, put coolant in it, and it ran right outta the block faster than you could put it in. Never even fired it up, sent it right back to Arizona.
THIRD engine came from Cali, installed her, and so far so good! :D

Cyberbaker 02-28-2011 09:09 PM

Congratulations on 100K miles! For me, that has been both a sense of accomplishment and a milestone of sorts......once you cross that threshold, the real maintenance dollars start kicking in!

My first Disco II 2000 SE I took up to 110K miles and traded it in for a 2004 SE. That one is now at 117K miles and I hope to keep running it as far as it will go. I love my truck! I promised it to my son when he gets his license at 16...another 3 years. At that point, it might be too hard to give up. I'd like see it get to 200K as well.

You know, I'm most impressed with the 19 MPG you reported on the HWY with the AC on and climbing mountains.....I've been driving 2 different discos over the last 11 years and have never seen that kind of MPG.

My 2004 SE just turned 117K (original engine) on a trip up to Lake Tahoe last week. On the way up, with mostly freeway miles and the heater/defroster working, I was running at 17.3 MPG and was keeping it steady at 65 MPH....and I was amazed at that! At about 90K miles, I drove it from the SF Bay Area up through Oregon, into Northern Idaho and back. About the best I did on that trip was MPG's in the low to mid 16.x range.

In my normal commute (city plus stop and go freeway traffic) I average between 13.6 and 14.2...in that range.

Anyway, congratulations and here's to 200K!