Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

18" tire replacement

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 01:46 AM
4wd High
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 18" tire replacement

Hello everyone,
This is my first question here(I did a search first ) I have a discovery II with 18" tires but need to replace them. I searched for some on tirerack and discount tire but could not find what I am looking for. I was told by some guy friends to get an all terrain tire but could not find any. Can anyone help me here? I did see a few posts with this question but no real answers other than to buy 16" wheels and tires but I don't want to do that because my 18" wheels look pretty. Yes, I am a female. LOL. I am looking for a nice looking tire that is good in the snow too.
Thank you,
Tanya

Old 11-09-2006, 03:03 AM
Mudding
Default RE: 18" tire replacement

Tanya,

If you actually look at the tire manufacturer's websites, you will find that there are several tires available in the 255/55-18 size. For some reason the tire size search features at Tire Rack and America's Tire don't show them. I think that even on the manufacturer's sites, you have to select a tire, then go to the data sheet and size chart for that tire.

I too have the 18" wheels (though I will most likely change to the 16s next tire change). I am running Toyo Open Country AT tires and have been happy with them. I know also that Nitto makes the Terra Grappler in that size.

Regards,
Elliot

Old 11-09-2006, 09:07 AM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

Tanya,
Consider going to a Bridgestone tire store and look at their line of Dueller tires, they are a good tire and last well.
Mike

Old 11-13-2006, 08:57 PM
4wd High

Thanks Mike and Elliot. Are these All Terrain tires? I'm going on my 3rd set of tires and want a beefy tire or those knobby looking ones that are also good in the snow instead of the ones I have now, just a regular tire. I want ones that you sometime see on those raised 4x4's.
Tanya

Old 11-14-2006, 10:13 AM
Administrator

Tanya,
BridgeStone makes a Dueller tire that will have a good sturdy tread, I ran a set a couple years back prior to going to 16" tires and had good results with them.
Good luck and let us know what you got.
Mike

Old 11-19-2006, 02:30 PM
4wd High

Thanks for your reply's. Can anyone post a picture of their tires here. I want to see what they look like. I've seen some tires that I like on some LR but don't know what kind they were. Hope to see some pics if someone can help me. Thank you again.

Old 11-19-2006, 03:30 PM
Administrator

Tanya,
Did you ever find a set of tires?
Mike

Old 11-19-2006, 10:16 PM
Three Wheeling

HANKOOK RH06 - Designed specifically for the high performance, luxury SUV market. Controlled footprint shape ensures maximum contact. Remarkable performance and road handling in all weather conditions. Outstanding performance, minimal treadwear, long tread life and a quiet, comfortable ride.

http://www.hankooktireusa.com/upload..._tire_left.gif

Old 11-20-2006, 05:09 PM
4wd High

ORIGINAL: samue23

HANKOOK RH06 - Designed specifically for the high performance, luxury SUV market. Controlled footprint shape ensures maximum contact. Remarkable performance and road handling in all weather conditions. Outstanding performance, minimal treadwear, long tread life and a quiet, comfortable ride.

http://www.hankooktireusa.com/upload..._tire_left.gif

Thanks samue23, but I'm looking for an All Terrain tire. Disco Mike, no luck yet. Maybe Santa will get me some for Christmas!!!

Old 11-22-2006, 09:12 PM
2nd Gear

Hi, I've had some general grabber 255/55/18 AT2's since they were launched about 18 months ago. Good At tyre and last well too!!
They're the only AT tyre in the UK of this size.

Quick Reply: 18" tire replacement