Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1996 Disco Won't Start

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 08:13 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts
Default RE: 1996 Disco Won't Start

I stand corrected, thank you roverguy.

Old 08-31-2008, 09:28 AM
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1996 Disco Won't Start

Ok...still having problems.
Thanks so much for all the advise so far. It helps narrow down the options, but searching is needed.
As far as the relays...
I checked all of them under the dash and under the driver's seat (there were two and I will get back to this). I can not find any under the hood. I looked around the fuse box, but did not find anything.
Back to the under seat relays...
It looks like someone before had rewired the fuel pump. There is no more harness, but instead replaced by for wires that fo straight to the pump. I knew this might be a concern when I replaced the pump, but it worked at one point. two of the wires seem to be connected to one another and when the pump is running seems to have (-) voltage and when the pump is not running had (+) voltage. A third wire has low (+) voltage when pump is running or not and the fourth wire had low (+) voltage when pump is not running and high (+) when running. I traced that fourth wire, because it had seemed to be added and it went straight to a relay under the front seat. Well, it was shoved into one of the prongs of the relay. I messed up, because when I went to take a closer look at the relay to see which prong it was shuved into, I pulled the wire and I have no idea which one they used.
No the truck will not start with it unplugged and I don't seem to be getting any spark now either.
Now what??? Where was that wire hooked up and is that part of the problem. Where is the original wire?
I did find a relay that was black, four prong, and not like the other yellow four prong relays that when I tripped by shorting the switch on it, would allow the pump to start. I need to know what turns that relay on and also what is the deal with the phantom wire and the relay.

Please help me....I'm about to go crazy. Can it really be this hard?