Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2 ACE questions. This is driving me nuts.

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 07:13 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default 2 ACE questions. This is driving me nuts.

So the high pressure hose from the pump was cut. I have not driven it since, as noted by the advice you all gave me. I've been searching around, and just keep getting frustrated with the following:
1. There are conflicting thoughts on the hose. The dealer said you need that hose, plus the pipe that goes to the rear. Has anyone replaced just the front one to the top of the pump? Rovers North can get it with a 2 week wait, but when I asked them about the rear, they said there was a note about getting the rear one too. The rear pipe looks like a royal pain to do, plus it adds another 200 to the cost, which is already 200. Has anyone replaced this hose and done just the front? Another dealer I talked to didn't say I needed the rear, so I'm just confused as heck. Is there the original part, and then an update where you need both? Is the fitting different somehow?
2. I know another user swapped a non ace belt while theirs was leaking. How did you route it? I have a belt to use, but can't seem to figure out how to do it. Being this is going to be a couple weeks regardless, I want to be able to use it at least for local trips.
Also, DM, I might want to chat with you about the bleed process if I get this figured out.
Finally, anyone parting out a Disco with ace please let me know! The hose is easy to get out, and I would buy it ASAP!

Old 04-20-2012, 08:35 PM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts
Old 04-20-2012, 08:43 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Thanks Buzz. I think my confusion is stemming from what I guess is just a pulled below the ace pump. I should be good with that. Now the question is, will it go to "locked bars" without the pump running. Plus the other questions lol.

Old 04-20-2012, 09:07 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

No it will not just "lock up" without the pump, the ACE will just work like normal sway bars.

I have found it cheaper to buy some parts from the UK, just go to e-bay, search for the part you need and then look for it on international sellers, or go to eBay - one of the UK's largest shopping destinations
Rovers North is buying it from the UK, thats why the 2 week wait, shipping from the UK takes about a week from the time you pay for the item until it reaches your door.
Also keep in mind the exchange rate, the GBP is worth more then the USD but it should still be cheaper than RN and their over priced shipping charges.

Old 04-20-2012, 09:11 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts
Old 04-21-2012, 05:26 AM
TReK
Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts
Old 04-21-2012, 06:32 AM
Administrator
Received 100 Likes on 82 Posts

Why remove a $1700 options cause of a leak?
I have a guy removing his ACE if you need parts, call me.

Old 04-21-2012, 09:55 AM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One of my scrap trucks still has all the ace stuff on it.

Old 04-21-2012, 10:38 AM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by Disco Mike
Why remove a $1700 options cause of a leak?
I have a guy removing his ACE if you need parts, call me.
I don't want to remove it, but if I need to buy parts I don't need just for a hose, it makes it harder. I'm also worried that dirt got in when the hose went, nut hopefully not.

Old 04-21-2012, 01:01 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Swapped belts so good for now and at least I could drive it when needed. So now, if you do have a used part ready to ship let me know! I would just buy new as it is a sensative part, but there is still the question that dealers disagree on if you need the other pipe with it.

Quick Reply: 2 ACE questions. This is driving me nuts.