Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2002 Disco info

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2009 | 07:34 PM
|
2nd Gear
Default 2002 Disco info

Just looking for a little information. Bought a 2002 discovery. I'm wondering if the axles come with a differential locker? if there is no locker are they limited slip? Who makes the axles for LR?

Does LR make a oem lift kit for the discovery? I have rear airbags and front coils, would like to lift it 2" maybe 3"

Does LR make a front bumper so I can mount a 9000lb winch?

Old 10-13-2009 | 07:38 PM
Three Wheeling

Haha, just go to Rovers North, everything ur looking for is stock parts including the lift, you may need a bull bar or brush guard for the winch but you can find one used at roverland parts. and yes it is a dif lock, you should see that in the manual or the thing that looks like a small shifter should say it on it.

Old 10-13-2009 | 07:40 PM
Three Wheeling

The rear airbags should be changed over to coil if ur looking to lift it btw, they sell a whole stock kit that does 2 or 3 inch lift with no mods. Anything more and ur talking about a split axle.

Old 10-13-2009 | 09:51 PM
Mudding

You do not have a center differential locker on your vehicle. You can get one from Luck 8. Several companies make off-road bumpers that will accomodate a winch. I'd suggest talking to the folks at Rovertyme first.

Old 10-13-2009 | 10:48 PM
TReK

just to clear things up, no disco comes factory with axle diff lockers. Some have a CDL (center diff lock) in the transfer case but your '02 doesn't come factory with one.

Old 10-13-2009 | 11:00 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by gcredlon
The rear airbags should be changed over to coil if ur looking to lift it btw, they sell a whole stock kit that does 2 or 3 inch lift with no mods. Anything more and ur talking about a split axle.
er.......Why ??

you can lift the airbags as well, and then it provides even a greater lift with the offroad switch. 2" lift + switch = 4" when offroad.

Old 10-14-2009 | 06:45 AM
Three Wheeling

I never realized they didn't come stock until I was told that last night(mine has a rear dif lock), lol, also yes u can lift the air bags, but whats the use if your going offroding with it. Spring coils are much better.

Old 10-14-2009 | 07:12 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by gcredlon
Why should the SLS be removed if you are installing lockers, there is not a bit of truth to that statement.

Old 10-14-2009 | 07:19 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by rpeguy
Just looking for a little information. Bought a 2002 discovery. I'm wondering if the axles come with a differential locker? if there is no locker are they limited slip? Who makes the axles for LR?

Does LR make a oem lift kit for the discovery? I have rear airbags and front coils, would like to lift it 2" maybe 3"

Does LR make a front bumper so I can mount a 9000lb winch?
Because you have an open t/case, as already mentioned, that can be converted to a CDL, then you can pick from ARB for air lockers go use a Detroit in the rear or True Tra's front and or rear. If locking the rear diff, replacing the rear 24 spline axles with HD 24 spline axles would be a good idea.
For a lift, use only Old Man Emu or RTE coils along with HD OME shocks.
There are many after market front/rear bumpers on the market, here again, OME and RTE or 2 of the more common ones on the market.

Old 10-15-2009 | 09:48 PM
Three Wheeling

To clear things up I didn't mean he couldn't have the bags, Personally I feel that if your going off roading with the vehicle, i.e. the lift, you should have coil suspension, easier to maintain etc. with far less hassle, which stemmed from previous experience with bags.

Quick Reply: 2002 Disco info